Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Planning in a diary.....

A the moment i use a diary to jot down daily plans....i showed this to my early years advisor this week who said that Ofsted may be looking for more formal evidence e.g a form that can be pinned up and then kept in a file.
    What do i do...Design a form or continue as i have been? If you plan in a diary have Ofsted been happy with this?

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

If you are comfortable with planning in your diary... and you keep it to refer to next year... and you do individual planning to show how you change your plans for the children depending on your observations of their interests and current play... and you share planning ideas with parents (pinned on a wall, in your newsletter, verbally etc)...

Then you are doing enough for Ofsted

oct 96
    Post Thanks / Like

I used to do a sheet for each of the 3 children that i mind. Most of the info was the same i.e park, toddler group etc. When i had my inspection last mth I said to the inspector that I was thin king of using an A4 diary instead as I was using so much paper & ink printing everything 3 times. She said it would be fine & to use a system that was easiest for me. I intend to do that next year however i just hope tha the inspector I get in 3yrs time agrees coz this one was really nice lol.

Cupcake22