Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: planning...

Registered Childminder since
    Nov 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Default planning...

just wondered if i am doing this right, i currently have designed web planning sheets, so subject is in the middle an the 6 areas are someoneed out from it with things to do ie. if the topic was transport id have that in the middle then things like,

CLL
    Read a story, Thomas The Tank Engine,
    Finley The Fire Engine, Underground
    Ernie. Rory the racing car
    Songs: The wheels on the bus, Row your
    boat, A sailor went to sea, Down at the
    station

CD
    Play with lots of different toy vehicles
    Make some painted pictures by dipping wheels of
    different toy vehicles into paint and rolling them
    across the
    paper to make tyre tracks.
    Make junk models of different vehicles

PSR&N
    Counting how many wheels there are
    on different vehicles.

etc..... so then what i have been doing is doing an obs, and then rather then write what this links too at the back of learning journal i have the milestone chart an ive been hightlighting and putting the date to link it in, on the obs sheet i have also put the next steps so for example child enjoyed counting wheels on the vehicals so plan to do more counting ie singing a song with numbers, or counting things when out on a walk...

am i doing this right? is this enough for ofsted? or can anyone suggest anything else i should/could do???

Thanx in advance new to all this so it will be nice to hear if im getting it right! xx
    Mand xx

Nov 11
    Post Thanks / Like

not looking good 31 views an no comments.... can anyone help??? xx
    Mand xx

Sept 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

This is what I do (may not be correct just getting the hang of it myself!)

For younger children I do observations then at the end of each half term have a round up sheet of what I have observed with future plans for the next half term based on these observations on the sheet for each area of learning. I then have one sheet for each child with the medium term plans on it and transfer these to my A5 diary I keep. I then write in the activites and plans on the day I plan to do it - this is my short term planning and also includes a bit of long term planning as keep festivals etc written in there. For younger children I don't stick strictly to themed planning but do have a general theme for each half term.

So your activity plans are great - just need to make sure you have made specific plans for each child (doesn't have to be much each half term - or whatever time period you use) - for example if your observations have noted that Child A really likes playing with cars - then a good way to get him interested in creative stuff is to use cars - note this in Child As folder so you are showing you are making individual plans for each child.

....phew does that make sense or have I rambled on and in a jumble?.....

Nov 11
    Post Thanks / Like

it kind of makes sense, i find the whole thing a bit overwhelming to be honest! ive only got 1 eys child now as gave notice to the other an its his last day 2morro so i guess my planning is soley for him anyway? however if i had more then one i guess id do my web planning an write child names next to things planned to help them to nextt stages... is that right? LOL its all so confusing! thank you atleast i know ive got the general idea! xx
    Mand xx

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

that is great as a planning web for a group activity.

you can use it and file the ideas away for next time the topic comes up as well.

Link it to the child's individual planning ... John joined in with our vehicle activities. He had fun with Finley saying 'neenahh' etc.

Hth