Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    jan 89
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default individual planning advice please

hi im really trying to get my head round individual planning but still unsure if its right please could you have a look and let me no please
    child a 15mths interserst throwing everythink activities scarfs ribbons soft balls to throw in bucket??
    child b singing and dancing x is beginning to join in words now. activity cds dvds to copy actions, instruements, scarfes for movement/dance rhymme games.
    then do i obs on these?? and next steps i do a basic monthly topic ie this month all about me so obs will be if any on this as well am i on or off track?? thanks sandy

Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: individual planning advice please

Quote Originally Posted by sandy64 View Post
    hi im really trying to get my head round individual planning but still unsure if its right please could you have a look and let me no please
    child a 15mths interserst throwing everythink activities scarfs ribbons soft balls to throw in bucket??

Yes that's a good idea.

It is probably what is known as a trajectory schema - throwing things, moving things in straight lines, water play...

You could research to get lots more ideas.

child b singing and dancing x is beginning to join in words now. activity cds dvds to copy actions, instruements, scarfes for movement/dance rhymme games.

Really good ideas there!

then do i obs on these??

Not every time... children's interests change and they move on and do other things.

Sometimes I come back to things and do another obs eg. child riding bike... next steps to get him to use pedals... another obs is a photo showing him pedalling along.

and next steps i do a basic monthly topic ie this month all about me so obs will be if any on this as well am i on or off track?? thanks sandy
    You can do obs from loads of things - yes you can use your monthly theme, or things the child says / does or things parents say or comments from other places the child goes.

You will probably find once you get into the swing of things you have too much information!