Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Red face INDIVIDUAL PLANNING

hello,

I need to do an individual planning for a 2 1/2 years ols boy who can't talk yet ( only ball and pooh).
    I don't know how to do it!!
    Do I have to write down all the things we do together which involve talking?
    does the plan has to be something which I do over one day or one week/month??
    As you can see I am still not good at planning.
    thank you
    v

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: INDIVIDUAL PLANNING

Individual planning is about 2 things...

1. what the child enjoys / plays with / says / does / parents say

2. What you are going to do next with the child to support his learning and development.

Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Re: INDIVIDUAL PLANNING

--I was thinking maybe to play with play dough making animals and make him say the name of the animals.
    --then, during the week we try to see these animals and repeat the name ( dog, cat, duck,.)
    -- maybe make a picture, coouring in animals and see if he can remember the name.

Is that an individual planning helping a particular child with his speech ( 2 1/2) ?? probably not!!

any ideas?
    thank you
    v

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi
    I think I would try and keep it very basic for this child. Could you go along the lines of stories and rhymes that would encourage him to join in? Has he been referred to speech and language? Does his parents have any concerns or are they happy? Sorry for all the questions just trying to get some back ground info.

Pipsqueak Guest

Quote Originally Posted by v 1461 View Post
    --I was thinking maybe to play with play dough making animals and make him say the name of the animals.
    --then, during the week we try to see these animals and repeat the name ( dog, cat, duck,.)
    -- maybe make a picture, coouring in animals and see if he can remember the name.

Is that an individual planning helping a particular child with his speech ( 2 1/2) ?? probably not!!

any ideas?
    thank you
    v
    If you are planning around to aid his speech you need to start from where he at - ie stage.
    You say he has two words but what other sort of communication does he do - point, recognise pictures, understand what you are saying - simple instructions, can you understand his communciation.
    What sounds does he have and are these meaningful - ie he will point to a cow (or you point it out) and he attempts to 'moo' even if its mmmmmm.

You need to build on where he is now, encouraing the sounds, modelling good but simple speech - yes cow - moo. Lots of mouth exercises - all the things a baby does.

So yes if you are doing animals - just pick one or two to concentrate on (obviously so its not boring add in a few more here and there). Try to make is concrete - ie local cats and dogs. Cat miaow.
    then add in a few more.
    if you are followng my ramblings! lol

Check the ICan website for lots of helpful info