do you make a plan for each activities?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy do you make a plan for each activities?

hello,

could you tell me:
    - Do you make a " spider web" plan for each activity/ craft..?
    - How many plans a month/ week do you do ?
    - Do you also write detailed plan with ressources, aim, evaluation..?
    - Do you link your activities to the 6 areas of development each time?

sorry about all these questions. I write a few ideas on what I am going to do for the month but I don't write a written plan for them ( that means O fsted has no proof that I have done it I suppose)
    thank you for helping
    v

Nov 93
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: do you make a plan for each activities?

Most of the time I write a breif spider plan for activities that I'm going to be doing over the month or half term and then write a breif outline in the diary of what we have covered. Ofsted can see from photographic evidence what we have done. I refuse to spend hours doing fancy paper work, I would rather spend my time doing the activities

Penny1959 Guest

I do not do much planning - as in my view a complete waste of time - it is what the children actually do that is important. I have yet to meet a child who will do what it says on a planning sheet!

Each week I have a very loose theme / topic / idea. For each child I record what resources I plan to provide (shows I know their interests and stage of development) . Then each day I cross most of that out and scribble in what child actually did! Ofsted loved this as shows follow lead and interest of child.

Most of my recording is via photographs which I then import into document on computer add a few notes (might call them informal observations) . This is printed and put in learning journey. Areas of learning only mention at half term review with parents (as in what child has done over last 6 weeks or so) and in next steps plan (again half termly) so that make sure all areas eventually get covered ( as in over a year - as children don't develop in every area all the time - sometimes great development in one area and then nothing for months).

Ofsted were happy with this - happy enough to give outstanding.

But it is your business and you need to be happy with the paperwork that you do - what works for me - may not work for you - so have a look at all replies and then decide what is best for you.

Penny

Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for your comments.
    v