Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Planning

Registered Childminder since
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Planning

Quote Originally Posted by fluffyemma22 View Post
    When doing weekly planning do you put somethin different in for each are of learning?

i.e. Monday - 6 different thigs, 1 for each area or do you do something that can cover all 6 as the sheet my DO sent me has 30 differnt things on each week......
    Your DO expects you to plan 30 things a week where does that leave time for free play.

My planning is a spidergram and I have the six areas coming from it but I am quite prepared for it not too be done because the children will want to do something else. This morning I did want to do snowflakes but instead we were digging for buried treasure outside and when we got in we had a story about pirates.
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FussyElmo View Post
    Your DO expects you to plan 30 things a week where does that leave time for free play.

My planning is a spidergram and I have the six areas coming from it but I am quite prepared for it not too be done because the children will want to do something else. This morning I did want to do snowflakes but instead we were digging for buried treasure outside and when we got in we had a story about pirates.
    they aren't all planned things as such but there are things on there like

Wednesday - Sand play with Dinosaurs - PSED, Bubbles - CLL, Food shopping and matching labels - PSRN, Lego - KUW, Bikes and Scooters - PD, Mark making and scissor skills - CD

and for the other days there are completely different things and one thing for each area, it just seems a lot to me

Feb 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

oh I'm confused! sorry - what is a spidergram?!?!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by francinejayne View Post
    oh I'm confused! sorry - what is a spidergram?!?!
    It's like a 6 legged spider!

The title in the middle and 6 boxes coming out.

each of the 6 boxes are titled from the 6 areas of learning and development.

It helps you see that you are planning a range of activities because you have some activity ideas in each box.

A spider gram is just one way of doing it!

Feb 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks Sarah - I'm going to google it to see if I can find an example!
    ooh remember those days when at 10 to 10 on a friday night we would've been out dancing?!?!?!

jan 89
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeanybeany View Post
    Louise get the EYFS book by Penni Tassonni it will help you, she shows you some simple planning ideas in the back of the book.

Don't read too much into this planning stuff-you know what you are doing so don't over complicate it!

I start with my theme/topic/subject for the month.
    Then I list any important dates e.g mothers day etc
    Then spider diagram ideas from searching web etc (like others have said)
    Transfer activities to weekly planning sheet (p tassoni book) along with anything else were doing eg toddlers
    Then do individual planning for each child-adjusting activities from plans to fit for the month to cover six areas (I choose one target for each). If not achieved I carry it over to next month. Observe a couple to show child can do it or just comment on sticky note and transfer into learning journey. Do next steps (could be new target). Leave spaces so you can note changes of activities etc and once in a while send a sheet home for parents to complete about likes/dislikes incorporate into planning.

Done as far as I am concerned!

I hope you find this useful
    hi just read this reply when you said you choose one target did you mean one per child for each area each month?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123