I haven't done any planning for 4 months!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Non childminder member
    lazy bum!
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: I haven't done any planning for 4 months!

Thanx Sarah

I find with the monthly plan i can wonder off from it and do what the mindees want instead from one day to the next. If i get it all covered then great, if not prep work gets filed and can be used next year.

Registered Childminder since
    Nov 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sarah707 View Post
    Both plans posted look good...

They are both very in depth though and you might find yourselves getting cross if the children's interests take you elsewhere.

You can leave some bits to be filled in by what the children choose as well. For example, you are busy making flowers for mother's day crafts and Jenny says she wants to go into the garden to look at the buds on the trees and the new flowers coming through. You could note that down as child-led KUW planning and then mention how you intend to talk about lifecycles tomorrow...

You need to think about individual planning as well ... think about what Johnny likes to do, what his mum / dad / other setting tell you he likes to do... write it down with some ideas for follow up activities / enhancements and link them back to the Eyfs.

It all sort of slots together so you are getting an overall picture of the child from their own planning, your planning and the individual planning which takes account of their interests.

hth
    We posted at the same time Sarah!

We don't have to do individual planning for before and after schoolers do we? In my case anyway...I have 3 boys before school for half an hour and 2 after school for an hour and a half and I have to give them dinner, so no time to do anything other than free play. Seems pointless planning for them as I know we won't have time to do it. They do play games in relation to a current theme....like now for example, I've made some Spring themed snap cards and we play i spy and things on the way to school.

Nov 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I have 6 children in the EYFS. Two of them are only here for a 3-4 hours each a week. I don't get too complex with my planning, more follow their lead and think of activities for next steps.

For me personally it is a lot simpler to keep things simple

If it's not an Outstanding then thats fine, have been minding over 14 years with no complaints and a waiting list.
    Happy to be back with the Greenies

oct 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by huggableshelly View Post
    why havent you done any planning?

because you have been playing with the children finding out their individual needs and interests, dealing with transition from home to your setting ensuring their health and well being within your home.

Now they are settled you know their likes and dislikes so now you can being to plan to develop each childs skills.
    Sounds good to me pretty much along the lines off wot i would say x
    hey....who said that......show ur self......i no u r there.......I CAN HEAR U!!!!!!

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by aimiev1704 View Post
    Thanks ladies.

I was sort of planning. I have a big white board in the playroom where I write what we will be doing for the week. But I've got no evidence of this now as I've been wiping it and re-writing it each week!! Nothing down on paper.

Chantelle has been helping me and has given me her forms she uses in her nursery, so I am using them to do my planning now. I have done my monthly and weekly one last night. Will have to make sure I keep it up!

Would anyone mind having a look over them to make sure I'm doing it right?

Why not put this in paper form. I have a really easy spreadsheet if you would like it to use but cannot attach it as it is in excel (pm me and I can email you if you include your address) Then you can file it each month and have your evidence.
    Debbie

May '09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding*
    Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=huggableshelly;356058]ideally you dont want to leave boxes empty you have made a really good plan though

Sorry to correct you here but If you have blanks on a planning sheet that is actually a good idea ... Planning is what it says .. a plan of what you might want to do ...
    Having gaps is a good idea as it shows that the sheet is a working document...
    Add activities to the sheet if you do spontanious activities ... add things on that you change ... it doesnt matter if it messes up a perfect sheet that is typed .. it shows you are adapting the activities appropriatelly to weather, development and interests ....qand children's suggestions!

I make sure I have gaps in my planning to have flexibility ...

What if you are doing spring topic and the child says I want to grow a plant tomorrow??? how will you show this on a fully filled in sheet ...

... Just a few pointers to think about
    Wendy xxx

Latest Inspection Grade
    6 Excellent
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by aimiev1704 View Post
    Thanks ladies.

I was sort of planning. I have a big white board in the playroom where I write what we will be doing for the week. But I've got no evidence of this now as I've been wiping it and re-writing it each week!! Nothing down on paper.
    I was on a course a few weeks ago and one thing that was shown to us was the planning of a school nursery in Glasgow that write their planning up on the WINDOWS in those pens that pubs etc have, so that they can all see it and the parents/carers can see it too, and anyone can add to it, and then each day they photograph it for evidence.

I thought it was a cool way of doing it

OCT 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok now you have observed them, so start off a file or scrape book on each child, stick child's picture on the front call i a learning journey.

Write up a couple of observations on each child stick them in the file/book add photos

look at the EYFS guidance and try to link obs to an area then look across the page and see what you could be doing next

Get this done and then continue to add to it at least once a week per child use their interest as the starting point for anything you plan

YOU DO NOT NEED DETAILED PLANS DONE IN ADVANCE!!!!!!!!! only a rough outline eg mothers day = some activities Easter = some activities always be prepared to abandon any plans if the child has another interest

Allie

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12