Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    FEB 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD :0)
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Sorry .... Planning

( just wrote along message explaining what i am doing and deleted it!!! )

Right:

I have started by looking at the calenders that someone kindly put the link to ad woodlands junior school ( my sis and bro went there many years ago)

i have taken something for everymonth from them, sometimes 2 or three.

March - veggie month, 17th st patrick day, 22nd mothers day.

so if i decide that healthy eating, or food be my theme??? then do i link them to eyfs

cd - vegetable print pictures
    pd - gardening
    psed - nurturing plants, repotting plants (don't know if thats correct but ofsted lady said it...or at least thats what i think i heard! )
    cll - talking and tasting sessions?
    psrn - ???
    kuow - talking about the veggies? tastin sessions

But then do i do the same for 4 weeks but different activities? sticking to veggies of fruit or introducing tasting sessions for multicultural food?

and then do i just squeeze in the mothers day activities, craft work for mum. Or make clovers or go looking for clovers in the grass? ( or other activities linked to st patrick days, or not at all)

I just am confused. I want to go in the right direction so if its wrong...Please tell me in anyway shape or form like thats all wrong!!!!

or should my themes be like colours, letters, animals, transport... something liek that????
    Thank you for reading my waffle x x x
    Donna -Thinks you are all fab! Even if I do say so myself!

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Sorry .... Planning

YOu're ahead of me! I think they are great ideas you could link in colour of veg size and shape?

Transport wider world, where fruit and veg come from and how they get to us ?

Just a thought have fun

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

That sounds great!

So March you're going to be looking at healthy eating... through the month you will do lots of other things such as mothers day crafts and cards... St Patricks Day activities.

Your healthy eating is like the bread and healthy spread of what you are doing... it carries on through the month and is your main focus. You'll look at books about food, talk about healthy food, make a wall display, stick pics of healthy vs unhealhty foods to paper plates, celebrate Fruity Friday, look at the Healthy Heart stuff on the internet, make fruit & veg jigsaws, grow something, measure it growing, make veg soup together etc etc...

The mothers day stuff will meet lots of areas of learning and development as well and you will do that around the right date, keeping healthy eating in the background... you'll probably want to do a quick plan on mothers day, so you see that you're meeting all 6 areas of L & D, but if children don't do eveyrthing because their interests take them elsewhere then fine.

Similarly with St Pat's day - you'll do a quick plan to show how the activiites spread across the areas of L & D, then get on with finding out about rainbows, making prisms in water, eating pots of gold (hang the healthy eating), wearing green, reading leprechaun stories, looking at Ireland on the world map, talking with bad Irish accents and learning to say 'hello' in Gaelic...

Sounds like a fun month for you!

FEB 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD :0)
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sarah707 View Post
    That sounds great!

So March you're going to be looking at healthy eating... through the month you will do lots of other things such as mothers day crafts and cards... St Patricks Day activities.

Your healthy eating is like the bread and healthy spread of what you are doing... it carries on through the month and is your main focus. You'll look at books about food, talk about healthy food, make a wall display, stick pics of healthy vs unhealhty foods to paper plates, celebrate Fruity Friday, look at the Healthy Heart stuff on the internet, make fruit & veg jigsaws, grow something, measure it growing, make veg soup together etc etc...

The mothers day stuff will meet lots of areas of learning and development as well and you will do that around the right date, keeping healthy eating in the background... you'll probably want to do a quick plan on mothers day, so you see that you're meeting all 6 areas of L & D, but if children don't do eveyrthing because their interests take them elsewhere then fine.

Similarly with St Pat's day - you'll do a quick plan to show how the activiites spread across the areas of L & D, then get on with finding out about rainbows, making prisms in water, eating pots of gold (hang the healthy eating), wearing green, reading leprechaun stories, looking at Ireland on the world map, talking with bad Irish accents and learning to say 'hello' in Gaelic...

Sounds like a fun month for you!
    wow sarah you make it sound so easy!!! Took me all evening to think of a few things!
    Donna -Thinks you are all fab! Even if I do say so myself!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Ahhh but I've been doing this for years and years and I write books on it and I used to be a teacher!

Just think, if you do your planning every month and put it in a file, you'll have a years' worth of stuff ready for next year!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Peppa View Post
    wow sarah you make it sound so easy!!! Took me all evening to think of a few things!
    She's amazing isn't she