Activities - should they cover ALL areas of learning
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Sept 13
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Activities - should they cover ALL areas of learning

Hi when planning an activity should they cover all areas of learning and should I note that down or can they just cover a few. Say one prime and one specific area? I'm struggling to find activities that cover ALL areas.....

May 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

It is hard to cover all areas in an activity so covering one or a few is fine. As long as you are covering all areas in a series of activities that fine.

Sept 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree, most activities do cover a few areas but not all, I'd say aim to cover each area at least once or twice a week if possible but through a number of activities x
    Kelly xx

July07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Some activities can cover all areas where as others just cover 1.

Also activities don't always have to be planned as a spontaneous walk to the park can cover all areas, walking, running and climbing, chatting with friends, confidence in climbing, counting the steps on the slide, spotting a worm on the grass, noticing a letter H on a road sign
    Time Out.. The perfect time for thinking about what you're going to destroy next.

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by misswala View Post
    Hi when planning an activity should they cover all areas of learning and should I note that down or can they just cover a few. Say one prime and one specific area? I'm struggling to find activities that cover ALL areas.....
    All areas of learning are interlinked in the EYFS therefore when you set up an activity to observe something 'specific' you will also be able to observe all the other areas of learning too.
    Activities that show all areas can be: water, sand, role play, playdough, glueing, outdoor learning, a walk in the park and many more.