Planning
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Planning

Post Thanks / Like

Default Planning

I, can anyone explain to me in simple terms how I should be doing planning? I just don't know where to start
    I don't really have a clue how to do planning, sounds awful
    Any help would be greatly appreciated xx

Registered Childminder since
    may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

When I do my observations, I write a next step - my planning is mostly based around these next steps.

I don't write it down again. eg: child does a 2 piece puzzle - next step would be try a 3 or 4 piece puzzle - planning would be get out a 3 or 4 piece puzzle.

Next observation may be - child attempted 3 or 4 piece puzzle, needed verbal encouragement to look at the picture to try to work out how it goes together rather than trying to guess by the puzzle shapes.

Next steps would be - get 3 or 4 piece puzzles out again or maybe cut up a birthday card for child to reassemble so they have to concentrate on the picture.

There are some good resources on written planning in free downloads at top of page - including following childrens interests, have a look and see what works for you.

3. Likes moggy, ivy liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Excellent reply from Hector's House!

The most important thing to remember is that planning has to work for the children. There is no point producing complicated sheets of stuff if it's never used... so find a way that works for you

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by kimskiddies View Post
    I, can anyone explain to me in simple terms how I should be doing planning? I just don't know where to start
    I don't really have a clue how to do planning, sounds awful
    Any help would be greatly appreciated xx
    Look out to see if your LA still does the Observations/planning/assessment training...many still do and it will give you the basic information for you to move on independently....they may also have samples of planning that may give you ideas how to develop your own.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you all for your replies I just find it really difficult to observe and plan properly.

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by kimskiddies View Post
    Thank you all for your replies I just find it really difficult to observe and plan properly.
    Do you know any nice cm near you who could give you a hand and a bit of support?...I would be happy to but I bet we are miles away!!!
    Give it a shot and come back if you need any help.

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sarah707 View Post
    Excellent reply from Hector's House!

The most important thing to remember is that planning has to work for the children. There is no point producing complicated sheets of stuff if it's never used... so find a way that works for you
    OMG you don't mean to say I have finally got it right!

9. Likes Maza, sarah707 liked this post