Advice about an observation...
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    June 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Advice about an observation...

I have a new 10 month old who has just recently started. I only have her one day a week, but I have been doing quite a lot of "getting to know you" observations. Basically just looking at all the things she can do and making notes/obs about them.

Yesterday we were playing with a set of keys, putting them up on a piece of low furniture and she was pulling herself up to reach them. She seemed to really love this game and she would get them, then give them back to me to put them there again. However, as the play developed I put the keys on the floor under a canvas bag and said "where are the keys, can you find the keys" she looked about then lifted the bag and smiled when she saw them...

I was just looking though the DM to find where I could link this to... CAL, Understanding, 16-26 months "Selects familiar objects by name and will go and find objects when asked, or identify objects from a group."

I just want to check I am doing this right?

May 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Would it be Maths, numbers 8-20 months? Has some understanding that things exist, even when out of sight.

3. Likes lilac_dragon liked this post
    Mar 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sing-low View Post
    Would it be Maths, numbers 8-20 months? Has some understanding that things exist, even when out of sight.
    I'd put it down as this too. Sounds like you're having fun with little one x

June 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jade4790 View Post
    I'd put it down as this too. Sounds like you're having fun with little one x
    She is fab!!! She has definitely given me my spark back. Mum is brilliant too

Thank you both xx

Would you still think it is the one I mentioned as well or not?

Mar 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't link it to the other one yet but she sounds like a bright little thing x

7. Likes EmmaReed84 liked this post