2 year check
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: 2 year check

Post Thanks / Like

Default 2 year check

What happens for the 2 year check? Is it just detailed observations on the areas of development?

Registered Childminder since
    Nov 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Check out this link...it should help lots

http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/fr...ss%20check.pdf

I do mine as a summary of where the child is up to at that time...covering all areas of development
    Sarah, Bumble Beez x x

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

It's a summary of the observations - what the child can and can't do - what the child likes and doesn't like to do and any next steps you have planned to help the child meet the next developmental stage. Have a look in free downloads and maybe check with your Local authority if they have a template they could e-mail you.

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

I will have a little boy starting with me the middle of Sept. He will be 2 1/2 and also be attending a local play school (here more hours). Do I have to do a 2 year assessment (assuming a previous cm didn't do one) and if so should I do it soon after he starts or when he's settled in a bit? Can it be done any time in their 2nd year? Thanks and sorry for jumping in on the thread!

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TrudiR View Post
    I will have a little boy starting with me the middle of Sept. He will be 2 1/2 and also be attending a local play school (here more hours). Do I have to do a 2 year assessment (assuming a previous cm didn't do one) and if so should I do it soon after he starts or when he's settled in a bit? Can it be done any time in their 2nd year? Thanks and sorry for jumping in on the thread!
    I would check with the pre-school to see if they are going to do one - they may not know that he also attends a childminder (they often plead ignorance so they don't have to be involved in partnership working!) Also check with mum to see if he has already had his 2 year check up appointment with the health visitor.

I would do some observations when he first starts and use those as starting points to play other activities - I would wait until he is settled in before doing a 2 year check up as you aren't going to really see what he is like until he enjoys coming and trusts you as his key worker.

If he has had his HV check or if pre-school is going to do a written check you can still do a summary of the observations you have done and mark at what stage of development you think he is. You can then share this with mum and pre-school - don't forget to get mum to fill in a "partnership working form" and get Nursery to give you a copy of their report if they do one.

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks I will. Luckily my daughter (and previously my son) went to the same play school so I have a good relationship with them and the owner has already offered me lots of help and support