Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    July 96
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Schema observation help pse

One of my mindees has started to line up cars next to each other, making a long line.

I've done an observation on this but when it came to the areas of learning I've looked through the ages and stages and cannot find a sentence that relates to positioning. They are 30 months old

Can someone point me in the right direction please.

Thank you
    Last edited by cherry; 18-08-2013 at 11:42 AM.
    Cherry x

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

There isn't a sentence in the Development Matters for every scenerio we may see during an observation - you just have to try to find a "best fit"

eg: Understanding the World - The World "I enjoy playing with small world models such as farm, garage or train set"

You could then mention the Characteristics of Learning - maybe creating and thinking critically - "has own ideas" or "making links" or "choosing way to do things".

Look up Schemas and put down which one lining up things comes under - here is a link to Sarah's blog on the subject

Sarah's Blog: Schemas in the early years

3. Likes sarah707 liked this post
    July 96
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you
    Cherry x

Simona Guest

This PDF will help as well...I think Sarah has already posted it somewhere else
    http://www.leics.gov.uk/penn_green_schemas.pdf

Schemas can be observed in all 7 areas of learning especially PSED, Physical because of the fine motor skills, Numeracy due to critical thinking, Expressive arts and design for creativity, CL for attention and, as mentioned below for Understanding the world

This will help as well

Schemas in Action at Thanet Early Years Project: An Article from Nursery World