Play plan as a learning journey?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Play plan as a learning journey?

I like the idea of a play plan as seen in the free downloads.

I have 3 children on board, 10mth old (TTO), 22mth old and 19mth old who has just started, I have another one starting in september. Alot of learning journeys to be doing!

Currently I have a seperate planning folder and each child has a big scrapbook as a LJ where I put all the obs and photos etc and make it pretty by mounting on paper first and fancy writing etc etc, this was all well up until I got more children!

Now my idea of putting the play plan in a folder to fill out, one per child. Sticking photos on the pages and I can add pages of extra notes if need be. I can send it home with the child at the end of the week for parents to read and comment.

This would then get rid of my weekly planning folder as I would be doing it in the play plan and the huge scrap books I have. What does everyone think?

Nov 05
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm all for simplifying what we do...as long as we are still doing what we are supposed to be doing!
    If its going to make life easier for you then I think it's a good idea...
    My LJ's have slowly become less and less fancy simply because of the time it takes however I would love to sit and make all of then pretty...just haven't got the time

Sarah x
    Sarah, Bumble Beez x x

Pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. I would still be doing all we should be doing, right?!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I do my summary assessments over 6 months - during the 6 months I use my play plan every month to record obs, assessments and individual planning, sharing with parents etc...

Then I also have a sheet to cover the child's learning characteristics, a sheet for the child's big next steps (about 4 over the 6 months that I am working on with parents) and a sheet for things that are happening at home called 'all about me now'.

I occasionally - if I think something is worth looking at in more detail - do a focussed observation.

I find this is plenty to show evidence of progress for each child - but not too much in terms of setting myself up to fail

Pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok thanks. Im hoping it will work for me!