Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    jun 89
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Observations and Data protection

Some information I received the other day from my development worker,

Observations and data protection

If you keep data about other people on your computer (including children you mind)
    You may need to notify the information commissioner’s officer (ICO) that you are a “data controller” for data protection purposes.

1 if you keep all your childminding records on paper, you do not need to notify the information commissioner under the data protection act.

2 if you keep information about the names, ages and addresses of children and their parents, details of payment or any data for staff administration on a computer, purely for accounts and records purposes, you are also exempt from notification.

3 but, if you plan to keep observations and plans for children’s development on your computer, it is likely that you will need to notify the ICO.

The notification is £35 a year and you can either complete your notification online at www.ico.gov.uk or request the form by calling the notification helpline on 01625 545740
    When completing the notification you must also choose a “ nature of business template” that describes the kind of data you might hold.
    The ICO recommends that childminders use templates “N894 Nursery school/ Playgroup /Afterschool club” which can be found in Education section.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Observations and Data protection

Very good advice.

Thank you for sharing

sept 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

yes we were told this @eyfs training. you also have to do it if you keep photos of the children on your computer
    foxy

Aug 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Blimey, didn't realise you had to have it for photos. Thanks for sharing that info x

Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

foxy you had good training on eyfs as we never went over anythink like that i dont keep on computer details but intresting thanks

veronicaxx

sept 08
    Post Thanks / Like

hi, am being abit thick just recently, i think i get more confused everyday lol

If i use computer to type up my policies etc whould i have to register for this? is it just if you have their personal details saved on it? and what if i only have them on temp then when ive printed it of i delete it? also re the photos what if i print them off but dont save them on the pc after?

sorry for all the questions

charlotte x

jun 89
    Post Thanks / Like

I save my childminding information on a pen drive, yes you can type up and print off info on mindees, they are saying you are not supposed to store on your computer and you are not being thick