Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Do you??

Registered Childminder since
    may 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Do you??

Do you have have a planned art activity every day? does it tie in with your planning eg this week were doing mini beasts
    would you have a different planned art activity over the 5 days eg Monday hand print butterflies Tuesday toilet roll bees etc

Not sure if I've made sense but any advice much appreciated xx

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

No one if that. Where are you allowing for child led activities if you did this many?
    Debbie

May 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

No not every day.

Paper and crayons are always accessible. My DD and schoolie have access to scissors, tape & glue so will often "Create" something for themselves.

I keep a few things up my sleeve. Will always do one a week, then the others I pull out is the weather is rubbish or if I feel they may be in the mood.

4. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Mar 04
    Post Thanks / Like

I love doing arts and crafts, but I don't do it everyday, I like the children to produce something on a weekly basis to take home because parents like this and children like to take things home too.

I have, things up my sleeve, as has been said, And I don't plan specifically as our projects seem to grow as we make them and to be honest I don't really know what the end product is going to turn out like, which is really interesting. I have a basic idea, I don't want to sound totally disorganized, but I am very free with the outcomes.

sometimes I have to write a little note on it for parents so they know what it is

6. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I have different art / craft / sensory activities planned every day but they don't always have an outcome - very often they are just for exploring.

For example, I set the easel and paints up in the garden... pencils and paper are always available... I will have something to explore in the messy tray...

The activities are sometimes linked to making or doing something specific but not always

Nov 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We have art activity every day, but I only do crafts maybe 2-3 times a year. The bigger kids tend to do a lot of crafting though, but I don't plan it, they do.

Decembe
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

thats what i call being independant...all the different ways we work

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

the chalk is always available with the easel or on the patio

paper and crayons are usually available ( just out of reach of little people )

paint and or glue gets asked for most days ( I have a box full of scraps and bits that can be stuck )

usually once or twice a month I will have a craft activity with a 'planned' outcome, 90% of the time something else happens

my schoolies often come home and get out paper/pens/glue etc. one day they found my new wooden dolly pegs that I had added to the play table ... next thing I knew ... they had been turned into people! over the colder months we bought some decopatch kits from crafty crocodiles and that kept the schoolies entertained for weeks!

just remembered, we also used have the aquadraw out ...although put it away for a while due to LO sucking all the water out ! might try it again soon!

Sept 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes I always have paper, pens, etc on the table.....out of reach of the little ones I am afraid....then I do a craft thing once a week or once a fortnight.....we may also do a craft at a toddler group and after schoolies may request junk modelling or something.....do a sensory activity once a week too or once a fortnight...such as today we have had the water play outside, tomorrow will repeat as have different children....depends on the week and weather, in the winter and school holidays we do loads.....

Nov 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I have the usual pens/paper, paint when I can supervise well, playdough etc most of the time - mindees are all quite little then make something or bake to take home once a week/fortnight ( all part timers)

I like crafting and come up with or research lots of ideas, keeping a planning ideas book with magazine cut out pages/on laptop with a Pinterest board. My own imagination often runs riot with the kids We have caterpillars growing right now so may suggest something along that line when the moment takes me/them - all very fluid
    Happy to be back with the Greenies

Aug 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good - YAY!
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not into creating everyday, I too have some stuff left out and plan for festivals, fathers day etc. I encourage the children to use the craft tables at groups too.

Apr 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I try and do an art activity once a week, I do try and make sure we do a planned activity every day that ties in with their stages of development, next steps etc but on some odd days we just go with the flow