5 year old obs and planning??
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Default 5 year old obs and planning??

I am just about to take on a 5 year old and wondered do I have to plan, observe and assess him? What do I need to do? I am going to do a scrapbook with him on some activities we do whlist he is here. Do I need to have it all written down to say what I am planning to do with him each week, observation sheets and link it to the EYFS?? I don't know what I suppose to be doing, if someone could tell me what they do with their before and after school children and what I should be doing. That would be great thanks

Feb 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good Apr 15
    Post Thanks / Like

Is he in EYFS age range ie reception?

For all my school age children I do a scrap book no planning as such they do further extension to what the littlies do

I don't link anything just have an all about me they do and stick photos of playing and any art work

Mar 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

All my sschool children also have scrap books they can decide what they would like to do I just stick photos in too
    Jo Jo

Mar 12
    Post Thanks / Like

His birthday is in June and is now in year 1- he's the youngest in his class

Sept 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by child_friendly View Post
    His birthday is in June and is now in year 1- he's the youngest in his class
    As far as I'm aware you only need to obs and assess reception aged kids. I would do as the others are doing a scrap book ith photo's in saying what he has done

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

We no longer need to deliver the full EYFS for children in full time 10 sessions a week school.

We need to speak to parents and other settings to find out how you can support the children.

If you want to do scrap books with them great - if they are not interested then fine!