Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Confuzzled!

Registered Childminder since
    pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Confuzzled!

Hi everyone, just as most have, i have a little one starting nursery on the 7th of sept ive had her since she was 8months so have lots of obs pics and comments all in one folder.When do i hand this folder over to the parent to give to the nursery? Also do i have to do a 2year assessment before fri? thanks in advance for any help. xxxx

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Is the lo leaving you altogether?

If so, then hand I'd the LJ to the parent as they leave. In this case, no need to do 2 year check, as they won't be with you.

If they're staying with you, then I'd hold onto the LJ: you may wish to add new entries. The degree to which you do this will depend on the amount of time they spend with you/nursery. The main setting is mainly responsible for delivering EYFS; the secondary setting should aim to support this. In this case, I'd hold onto the LJ and (with the parent's consent) submit an 'All About Me' form to the nursery.

You don't say how old the lo is. The 2 year check should be done by the main setting between the child's 2nd and 3rd birthdays. So again, it depends on whether the lo is mostly with you or the nursery.

Most CMs seem to have been advised to do it as close to the 2nd birthday as possible, although this isn't what EYFS says. Some have been advised to liaise with parents to time it for just before the child's 2 year health visitor check, so the information is up to date for the HV: this is more in keeping with what EYFS says.

The requirements are written into the EYFS Statutory Framework, sections 2.3 - 2.5. The only actually time requirements would appear to be, "When a child is aged between two and three" and "Practitioners must agree with parents and/or carers when will be the most useful point to provide a summary." The framework adds a recommendation that, "It should be provided in time to inform the Healthy Child Programme health and development review at age two whenever possible."

Hope that helps.

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks, yes she is staying with me for 3 hrs a day 3 days a week and is 3 years old in march. Ill do an 'All about me sheet' (not heard of this before) is it just like a baseline assessment? i think ill let nursery to the 2-3 year assessment as she will be their the majority of the week. does this sound ok?

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds fine. Just speak to parents and nursery, so you're all clear about who is doing what.

Yes, the 'All About Me' is a type of baseline assessment. If I've done this right, there should be an attachment below (but I always struggle with them on these boards.)

All About Me Sept 2012 revised.docx

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you so much for your help bunyip. Youve put my mind at ease xxxx