Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Sept 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default What do you do...

Hi all

I am in the process of changing my planning sheets (AGAIN) and wonder if anyone is willing to share what they do.

At the moment each half term I look through the trackers and highlight any areas that individuals need to cover. I then write notes on their half termly planning sheet (really as a reminder to me what I need to do).

On a weekly basis I have a weekly planning sheet, just the one that covers all 5 children. I have attached a blank one. I use this to include any obs that have informed the plan for next steps and also to include what we do on a daily basis i.e. childminder drop and also any thing that has been highlighted from my half termly sheet that I think would fit.

I hope this makes sense

I would welcome any ideas. At the moment i do not include the areas of learning as I think I have that covered with my trackers and half termly checks.

It's double side and sheet 2 is just split into boes for eac child and I note any obs that week on the it. I do write these up properly

NEW WEEKLY PLANNING SHEET 2.xls
    Last edited by 2kidsunder5; 10-04-2012 at 04:38 PM.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I don't put children on the same sheet because of confidentiality.

Each child has their own obs - assessment - planning sheet with next steps carried over from last month.

I'm not sure how it would work sharing information with parents if they all shared a sheet...?

But then if you have info that elsewhere you could just write for ages rather than names I suppose.

Sept 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sarah707 View Post
    I don't put children on the same sheet because of confidentiality.

Each child has their own obs - assessment - planning sheet with next steps carried over from last month.

I'm not sure how it would work sharing information with parents if they all shared a sheet...?

But then if you have info that elsewhere you could just write for ages rather than names I suppose.

I don't share my weekly planning sheets with parents Sarah. Each child has a daily diary wich goes home every day and i put notes in that of what we are planning, also each child has a learning journal with obs, photo's, trackers, etc in which goes home every half term. I do share my half term planning with them, each child has their own sheet for that
    Should I share planning with parents?
    Last edited by 2kidsunder5; 10-04-2012 at 05:12 PM.

Sept 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Starting to stress and panic a touch now Does everyone share daily planing with parents ?

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good :)
    Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't panic we all do things differently.
    With planning I only share the months theme and when they get the child's folder back quarterly they can see the child's next steps planning. I don't do a weekly plan - only a monthly plan with a brief description of what I plan to do each day - this isn't shared with parents, they find out from the daily diary what we've been up to!

Sept 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Katiekoo View Post
    I wouldn't panic we all do things differently.
    With planning I only share the months theme and when they get the child's folder back quarterly they can see the child's next steps planning. I don't do a weekly plan - only a monthly plan with a brief description of what I plan to do each day - this isn't shared with parents, they find out from the daily diary what we've been up to!
    Thank you, you have no idea how much better you have made me feel. I am normally ok with paperwork and stuff but for some reason have decided to re think my planning. Think I may just go back to my old sheets x