I am a registered childminder based in Yarm. I have been a childminder since May 2010. Before becoming a childminder I worked in a variety of childcare settings with children aged from 6 months to 10 years. I have over 9 years experience working with children of all ages and have also had some experience working with children with special needs.

I am qualified in early years and education and have gained my level 3 in home based childcare also. Some of the other qualifications I hold include first aid (3 day course) child protection, behaviour management, food for ages 1 to 5, baby weaning, baby brain development just to name a few. I am always looking to extend my knowledge and attend regular training courses to help me to this.

I live with my partner and 2 dogs just around the corner from Layfield School in Yarm. I try and get out and about as much as possible with the children taking them to local playgroups, the park, butterfly world, the farm and to see the ducks at the river

When we aren’t out and about we enjoy doing lots of exciting and messy activities, such as making play dough, baking activities, art and craft, garden play and much more. The children also have access to the playroom and play garden, both of which have recently been redecorated and are equipped with lots of toys and recourses to support every child’s developmental needs.

I pride myself on offering a home from home environment where children are free to learn though play. The service I provide is very flexible and I also offer evening and weekend cover as well as emergency care for parents who only need one off childcare