Penwortham, Preston - Ofsted Registered Childminder with vacancies!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Penwortham, Preston - Ofsted Registered Childminder with vacancies!

I'm Jenny, an Ofsted Registered Childminder in Penwortham, Preston. I live with my husband and our 3 young children in a large detached house with a good-sized enclosed rear garden. Within the garden we have a 10' trampoline, slide, swing, large wooden playhouse, ride on cars, sand pit, water table and lots of other toys and equipment!

We are very lucky to live within only a couple of minutes walk of Hurst Grange Park, where we spend a lot of time bug hunting, puddle jumping and playing on the play area! We also visit the seaside, attend weekly toddler groups and regularly visit soft play places and the library (including taking part in 'Bounce and Rhyme' and story time).

I am a very creative person so the children regularly create masterpieces using various media and materials. I’m also a keen cook and love baking. We have a large raised vegetable patch in the garden where the children grow lots of fruit and vegetables which we harvest and then use in our baking and cooking activities.

We have a dedicated play room packed full of toys and resources, multicultural items and many books. Two laptops, a music system and a number of games consoles are also available for use (for limited and monitored periods of time).

I produce a ‘Learning Journey’ for all children under the age of 5 years which captures each child’s learning and progress and how they are meeting various developmental stages. The Learning Journey is packed full of photos, observations and pieces of artwork and is a lovely memento of your child’s early years.

I aim to work in partnership with parents to provide all children in my care with a clean, safe, loving, home-like environment where everyone feels valued. Respect towards self, others and environment will be emphasised. I aim to provide a quality, caring environment where standards are high, independence can be developed and where there is a wealth of learning opportunities, both structured and flexible, to help children to achieve their goals and promote their self-esteem.

Before becoming a childminder I worked at a Veterinary Centre where I worked towards a BSc Hons in Animal Behaviour and Welfare (2.1)... This, I decided was not, what I wanted to do as a career and after having my own children I decided upon a career in childcare...
    I have successfully completed a series of Childminding Workshops. I hold a Paediatric First Aid qualification, training in safeguarding (Level 1 and Level 2), baby massage, Level 2 Food Hygiene certificate and my husband and I are both CRB cleared.

I regularly attend training workshops to build upon my knowledge (through Lancashire County Council and other organisations).

Please feel free to contact me for a chat or to arrange to pop around and meet myself and my family. I have also produced and in-depth prospectus which I am happy to post out upon request.

Please note - Term time only contracts are available (perfect for those parents who work in a school/college).

I offer both full and part time care (8:00am-5:30pm Monday to Friday) as well as temporary care and drop in care (where there is availability).

Thanks,
    Jenny.

Registered Childminder since
    Jan 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Only childminders see these posts so this forum is no good for advertising.