Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Question ?????

Registered Childminder since
    June 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Question ?????

Hey what do you think ofsted would say if they came and we were doing a topic on religions and Satanists was the religion of the week = we'd be embracing a diverse community - Where do we draw the line in all of this?

The Gypsies and Travellers were brought to my attention as an ethnic group whilst on a course entitled begin at the beginning. I was aware that there were a large number of gypsies living in Middlewich and they had begun to migrate towards Sandbach and taking up a settled life just before I moved to Congleton but I just never thought of them as an ethnic group. I think I hve a problem segregating people into different groups because I grew up living in a white country where almost everyone was Catholic and almost everyone was quite poor and a great many of us had to emigrate to make a living or to improve our standard of living we are more tolerant and accepting of people who have had to do the same and because no one would have come to Ireland to look for work and therefore take jobs away from the Irish no other ethnic group has been a threat to us. The only ones who were ever a threat to us in the reasonably recent past were the english at the time of the famine and as generations have come and gone and there are no longer any suffering living survivors it has been forgiven and forgotten and that was different to having lots of immigerants creating ghettos in your neighbourhood etc.

I bet that those who are not seeking lower paid jobs do now feel threatened by all the eastern europeans who are coming in an taking all of those jobs and now perhaps racism could hit Ireland in a big way. - lets wait and see.

I had to say I was very surprised by the huge emphasis on inclusion in Manchester when I moved there in 1987. I felt it was stating the obvious and that by going on about it all the time it was making matters worse but now I realise what a problem there had been I do feel that as time is going by we are getting too hung up and the english are at risk of losing their own identity. Take for example St Patricks day it gives me a lovely warm feeling to see so many people here making a big effort to celebrate it - when I came in 1987 the same effort wasn't made but still today there is very little effort made to celebrate St. Georges day which I find very sad. Yes it is important to embrace all of the cultures of the people living in the country but lets not forget the culture of the country does this make sense to anyone else? Since they started selling St Georges day cards a couple of years ago I always buy them for my husband and children because I make a thing of St Patricks day which reminds me now the children are all having a nap I need to pop up to my loft and find my Paddys day decorations - the few I have!

So sorry for the rant but I love a good debate.

Celine

july 20
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

the word you should be using is itinerants. just to be politically correct.

Post Thanks / Like

Hahaha Hazel that did make me laugh

An itinerant is a person who travels from place to place with no real home.

Very correct

Angel xx

july 20
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

well you no what its like if we do not use the correct words or terminology

hazelx

Post Thanks / Like

I do indeed Hazel

Still it made me laugh

Angel xx

july 20
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

i probably am the worst offender but i know this one from when i was a special constable and its one i remember oh and Inuit.

hazelx

Post Thanks / Like

I always forget that you were a special Hazel

How long did you do it and why did you give up - did you enjoy it ?

Angel xx

Mar 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Non childminder member
    Friend
    Post Thanks / Like

we ll im pleased the answer is finally their i went to bed thinking about it!!!
    i have to say i laughed more last night than i did all day yesterday so thanks for the question and thanks to those who made me laugh

i have gypsy in my blood, probably why i aways have itchy feet and feel the need to travel!!!!!!!!!
    One life live it

july 20
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

i was a special constable for 9 years and i loved it. i had all good intentions of joining the regulars but i always put myself down and thought i would never pass the test. i gave up because i met my husband and my daughter was 18 months old and they wanted me to cover 10pm till early hours in the morning. sorry i just could not do these hours. i was a plain clothes store detective in kendals, Manchester, i loved this job and i was very good at it, very good! i could tell you all a tale or 2. but at heart I'm a family person and always put my family first and not my career. that is why i feel guilty for spending time on here and why im not usually on in the evenings. i did like the social life as well as a special, iv been out with 1 or 2 bobbys.

i can remember the night i learned the word itinerant, i was on the beat and it was bl..... freezing we had gone to search for somewhere warm. ( the back of the indian takeway, up the steps, they led you to a flat roof, we warmed are hands in the big metal chimney that came from the takaway and smelled the aromas of garlick coming from it, and the conversation came round to the itinerants that were parked up at tescos carpark. there you go a little story! enjoy

hazelx

Post Thanks / Like

ooooooh that is a nice story Hazel

I know what you mean about the family thing I am the same the only reason I get on here in the evenings is cause Hubby does nights

But whenever he is around or its the weekend I just pop on - although im always logged on

You was a special for a long time though well done

Angel xx

Nov 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by miffy View Post
    Err what's a Cestrian????

I don't know the answer and I've just read through 3 pages of posts

Miffy xx
    Someone born in Chester

amanda xx