Default Resolved

Resolved resolved resolved
    Last edited by Keeley77; 04-08-2014 at 09:00 PM. Reason: Resolved

Registered Childminder since
    Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

It is my understanding that both parties have to give notice and I also believe that she is within her rights to be paid 4 weeks notice as you would expect if the roles were reversed.

Sorry
    Debbie

Apr 01
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I am sorry that your personal circumstances have made you have to issue immediate terminations to all your parents.

However I was told when I first registered that parents are entitled to payment in lieu of notice if I had to end a contract immediately. So 4 weeks from day of termination as it is a section that works for both parties to the contract.

Not the news you wanted to hear sorry

Keeley77 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Chatterbox Childcare View Post
    It is my understanding that both parties have to give notice and I also believe that she is within her rights to be paid 4 weeks notice as you would expect if the roles were reversed.

Sorry
    It doesn't make any reference on my contracts about the childminder having to pay additional money to a parent if I cannot work the notice period It states what I will charge if I cannot work which I completed as nil fee but nothing about me paying anything to parents. If this is the case this is probably why mm have quickly offered to pay her 2 week request as once this is accepted nothing more can be claimed! This also isn't very honest of mm as they should just confirm that the 4 weeks notice period means both parties are obliged to pay.

Keeley77 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by tulip0803 View Post
    I am sorry that your personal circumstances have made you have to issue immediate terminations to all your parents.

However I was told when I first registered that parents are entitled to payment in lieu of notice if I had to end a contract immediately. So 4 weeks from day of termination as it is a section that works for both parties to the contract.

Not the news you wanted to hear sorry
    Ok thank u! Was it you're insurance that advised you of this? I think I will ring mortan michell again tomorrow as no one there has actually clarified to me whether I am legally obliged to pay the parent.

Apr 01
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Keeley77 View Post
    Ok thank u! Was it you're insurance that advised you of this? I think I will ring mortan michell again tomorrow as no one there has actually clarified to me whether I am legally obliged to pay the parent.
    My initial training was done with NCMA (back in the day) and the NCMA trainer went through the contracts with us so we knew how to use them. I have in my payment policy about the 4 weeks notice from both parties and payment in lieu of notice by both parties. As far as I am concerned this is fair.

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

4 weeks notice works both ways - if the parents circumstances changed and child stopped coming with immediate effect then parent would have to pay you 4 weeks money in lieu of a notice period - I'm sorry you have found yourself in this situation but it's good that MM have paid the money to you to pay parent, if that's what they are paying it for then you have to reimburse her.

Apr 99
    Post Thanks / Like

I have always understood that if I am not offering the service then I cannot charge for it. So, if you have received monies in advance and cannot provide the service you should be reimbursing the parent, in lieu of notice.

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Keeley77 View Post
    It doesn't make any reference on my contracts about the childminder having to pay additional money to a parent if I cannot work the notice period It states what I will charge if I cannot work which I completed as nil fee but nothing about me paying anything to parents. If this is the case this is probably why mm have quickly offered to pay her 2 week request as once this is accepted nothing more can be claimed! This also isn't very honest of mm as they should just confirm that the 4 weeks notice period means both parties are obliged to pay.
    Great to hear that this has been resolved

Just to clarify my point in the earlier part of the thread - my contracts state that 4 weeks notice has to be given - if you are not giving it then the parent legally can sue you for it.
    Debbie

10. Likes rickysmiths liked this post