Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Help needed!

Registered Childminder since
    Apri 14
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Help needed!

Hi all,

I've hit a stumble where I can't seem to fill my childminding vacancies, this is starting to become quite stressful!

Does anyone have any ideas of where I could advertise my vacancies? I'm constantly on the childcare.co.uk website however haven't really had much luck lately!

I would very much appreciate any suggestions on this.

Thank you,
    Helena

July07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Do you have a website? Mine has been quite useful
    Time Out.. The perfect time for thinking about what you're going to destroy next.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Now is not the time to be shy - strike up conversations at school and in the local shops and tell everyone you have a vacancy.

You never know who knows who!

July 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Local family information service? Facebook page? Facebook local groups? Sign on your car? Speak with local childminders and let them know you have vacancies - we have a group of us and we pass enquiries on to each other. Local preschools may let you advertise if you're happy to collect from there etc?

Sept 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Car magnets from Vistaprint, sign in front window or side gate - I got mine from Vistaprint, facebook settings page, post on local mums facebook pages saying you have a rare space and put a link to your amazing facebook page, website, talk to everyone you know, childcare.co.uk, postcards on any noticeboard everywhere, register on google maps, listing on *****...

Apri 14
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you all for your suggestions! I've definitely taken most of these on and hoping for some results.

Thank you again, I'll let you know how it goes!

Dec 02
    Post Thanks / Like

Have you told your other parents that you have a vacancy? They might actually need a permeates extra day or might want a kid free day on the run up to Christmas.
    They also might just mention it to one of their work mates or in laws etc...

Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

Connect some local childminders (give them a ring or go meet at toddlers) offer to cover sickness and if they have any enquiries they can't do would they please pass on your number ?

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Give your current parents a handful of your business cards to hand out to their friends - tell them that if you get an enquiry that leads to a new child starting that you will give them a few hours free babysitting, especially useful with Xmas parties starting soon.

Stand outside your local NCT sales handing out flyers to people waiting to go in (there is always a queue outside ones in our town as they let the members in first), most people in the queue will be parents, parents to be or grandparents (or a childminder looking for a bargain) - don't hand out leaflets inside the building though, a childminder friend of mine got told off for that.

Hope some more work comes your way soon