Name cards
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  8
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Name cards

Post Thanks / Like

Default Name cards

Does anyone know where I can go to make free dashed name cards for my older mindees, I've found places whee I can get a whole worksheet of dashed name but I just want one big one I can laminate withe their picture so they can pick up and do if they want too. Thanks

Registered Childminder since
    June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

No sorry, but I would be interested also.

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Just type "handwriting practice" into Google - lots of different sites come up to make your own worksheets - I haven't ever used any of them though, I normally just make my own worksheet on coloured paper and laminate it.

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

hurrah! finally found it!

I KNEW I had it saved somewhere!

Letter Tracing For Little Ones

Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

With the internet and printed resources so available we forget we can write!
    This is a little bit of a hobby horse of mine....how are children going to be enthusiastic about writing if they never see us write...handwriting practise ..is that...they should see you write then trace over...not be given a fait a comple - already written dots. I have always written in a yellow felt pen that can then be traced over....where you start letters in green and where you finish the stroke in red ...reinforcing start and stop colours. It's quick to prepare, they see you do it so they are seeing you write - role modelling- then they are usually enthusiastic about having a go and you are there to show the odd letter that they may not start in the correct place .....

Lets ditch the printing and go back to writing signs and words for the children. Even though the future is ipads and word documents etc...children still need to know how to write - they still take SATS, GCSE's A levels and degree exams using the written hand - we need to be promoting this.

Ok off my soap box....that programme looks good loocyloo....but no curves , little flicks??

6. Likes Maza, hectors house liked this post
    June86
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, I was looking for something like this for my LO.

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FloraDora View Post
    With the internet and printed resources so available we forget we can write!
    This is a little bit of a hobby horse of mine....how are children going to be enthusiastic about writing if they never see us write...handwriting practise ..is that...they should see you write then trace over...not be given a fait a comple - already written dots. I have always written in a yellow felt pen that can then be traced over....where you start letters in green and where you finish the stroke in red ...reinforcing start and stop colours. It's quick to prepare, they see you do it so they are seeing you write - role modelling- then they are usually enthusiastic about having a go and you are there to show the odd letter that they may not start in the correct place .....

Lets ditch the printing and go back to writing signs and words for the children. Even though the future is ipads and word documents etc...children still need to know how to write - they still take SATS, GCSE's A levels and degree exams using the written hand - we need to be promoting this.

Ok off my soap box....that programme looks good loocyloo....but no curves , little flicks??
    I completely agree with this for reading too - that's why sometimes I model a good reading example by reading my paperback in the garden on the rare occasions the children are playing nicely out there - particularly good when so many people now have e-readers, children need to see that adults can sit and read books to themselves too.

9. Likes loocyloo, FloraDora, Maza liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I like a combination of both print and hand writing.

The children all have printed, laminated name cards that they can write on/wipe off. They also have their own little clipboard. Each day they help me clip clean paper to their board and I write their name on it, so they see me write it. I also draw a picture, so those who can't read their name can recognise their picture. We started with simple pictures - a flower, an apple etc, but they're getting a bit too ambitious for my liking. Today I had to draw Thomas the Tank Engine, Peppa Pig, a monkey and a dinosaur

11. Likes Dragonfly, hectors house, Maza liked this post