Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Jan 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default co-ordinators visit

hi, because im accredited and can take the grant etc i had a visit to go through the kids files...

last few yrs ive been told im doing too much... so ive cut down and also started to use postit type notes/observations...

summerative assessments have next steps for next term (done every 1/2 term)

large obs sheets have next steps

then i have the quick notes lots of postit types on one A4..

she said....."Where are the next steps?..... every obs if its in the file therefore should be informative should have a NEXT STEPS or dont bother putting it in the file give it to parents....

arrrrrr i realy dont get on with this woman and i said ok ill do a separate section just for next steps if you cant understand my files or have a system that every one has to follow!!! its my work and i understande it and so did mrs ofsted coz she gave me an outstanding

ohhh you dont have to do it my way just make sure every obs has a NS...

ok quick note in file on postit... D remembered and said the colour blue for example.... what is the NS ... ive already put planning and NS in the first full obs sheet!!!!! arrrr

to say im not happy is an understatement as ive never got on with this woman and she always gets my back up ive just done a training wkend on planning etc and i was told im doing too much again ....

i said to my DO every one of you tells me different not one of you sings form same hym sheet ... sarcasticly she said right ill go read all your DO sheets and see what the others told you and get bk to you....arrrrrrr

if only i could afford to come off the network i would but only got 2 kids in jan both on grant both only doing 15hrs....

deep breath off to school and start again ....

sept 90
    Post Thanks / Like

If you have achieved an outstanding grade from ofsted what exactly do they think you are doing wrong??? why is there a 'right' or 'wrong' way, there is your way!! AND how can you do 'to much' if that is the way you want to do it?! Surely it is open to our own interpretation of the EYFS?? It really makes me mad,I have in the past made a real effort, only to be told/show how to do it a different way! rant over!!

Penny1959 Guest

You are right - breathe

If the network is insisting on paperwork being done 'their way' - then they must provide standard 'network paperwork' for you to use.

If not doing that (which assume they are not) then the only right way - is your way!

Also DO's do not tell - they advise - so it does not matter what it says on the DO record of visit sheets - it is advice.

Network co ordinators - can insist as part of the network agreement - but must provide you with the means to comply - oh and by the way does your network agreement state that you fill in network approved paperwork - or even mention the sort of records you need to keep.

And yes I was a network coordinator and a DO - so have some idea about what I am on about.

Penny

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

You do such an amazing job Andrea. I know you do a lot but every bit of it improves outcomes for all teh children.

Ofsted saw how much dedication you put into everything you do and gave you outstanding. That counts for much much more than your network coordinator.

Follow your own instincts they have got you to where you are right now.

Hugs xx

May 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Andrea - I wouldn't worry that you're not doing enough - as said before you've got an Outstanding so there's no need stressing about your co-ordinator.

Reading what you're doing, you're doing more than me it sounds like. I've now cut down on what I'm doing, due to personal reasons and I don't care really. I recently (September just gone) got an outstanding. Even if I'd got a satisfactory or good, then as long as I have parents looking for childcare, it shouldn't matter.

I hadn't even heard from my co-ordinator for years (and didn't know I had one) until around a year before I was due an inspection. Then she nit picked on my risk assessments, saying they weren't elaborate enough. I didn't change them and my inspector said they were fine.

From that day in September until now, I've not had one contact from my co-ordinator. I text her on the day to say I'd got an outstanding but a couple of days later after she phoned me about how it went, and said she'd not got the text. As I say, she's not contacted me since that day.

Post Thanks / Like

The woman sounds a nightmare!

Just smile, say yes and then carry on doing your own thing - Ofsted were fine with what you do so why worry. The woman is probably only trying to justify her existence anyway!

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!