Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Childminder since
    Nov 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Wendy is it the old style LJ's you're after - I think I have some in the cuboard...will look tomorrow, if you want them, they're yours! x
    Blaze x

oct 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank u.. Sam
    Dust its Fairy Dust

Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
    Wendy is it the old style LJ's you're after - I think I have some in the cuboard...will look tomorrow, if you want them, they're yours! x
    Thank you Blaze, yes i like the old ones better than the new ones. Just an old fashioned girl at heart thats me he he
    we dont stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Sam and thanks for checking the copyright rules
    Pauline x

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for sharing Sam

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

Feb 91
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by samhunt View Post
    I hope this all makes sense, now my ECO told me that we were to use these instead of the old learning journeys, and that we should fill one out per child approx twice a term to provide a 'snapshot' of the child's development, and that the individual planning sheet we then use one at a time until achieved, so giving us at least 12 planning articles per child per term.As a child minder depending on who your LO's are and when they come that this would be a reasonable amount and I think is probably less than most of you are already doing.

sorry Sam i must be really tired or really thick- what is meant by planning articles?
    thank you for posting this, i'm always trying to find a better way of doing things and love looking at ideas

edit: not to worry i've worked it out- having a senile moment
    Last edited by Winnie; 13-10-2011 at 09:02 PM.

Sep 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

tis okay hun

The planning sheet gives you the 6 areas to plan to, if you do 2 sheets a half a term that gives you 12 things you plan for in your planning, (so 12 weeks in effect) and that the planning sheet can be used AS you planning x

The only thing I would say as an improvement, it needs a way to connect it op your long term/monthly/continuous provision x

Feb 91
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I have just totally reorganised the way I do things based on your sheets thank you. They are so simple and I’ve seen this type of system before but discounted it because it looked too simple- but I’ve now realised (only taken me 3 yrs )that simple means straightforward and will do the job and save me much time

Sept 10
    Post Thanks / Like

When I did planning observation and assessment training in October I was told to use the 1st sheet as a weekly observation sheet so any obs for the week go on it then just to link it to future observations to show that you are following the next steps and that we didn't need to do the other sheet on children under 3, only on those over 3 as a review/planning every 6-8 weeks, so this is what I do. I do also use a group observation tracker sheet (tick sheet) to see which areas are being observed and which I need to focus on in the next observation period.

I hope that makes sense, I do find that this is a lot easier and less time consuming than the old LJs.

BuggsieMoo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by wendywu View Post
    Thanks Sam. We were given these on a planning and obs course last year.

But i must admit i prefer the old LJ i just think they look so much more professional.

Some of us have changed over and some have not. I use some of the sheets but not all of them.

I would be interested to see what Sarah thinks of them.
    Hi
    Do you have a copy of the old LJ just out of interest so we can get a reflection on the difference please?
    Bugs x

Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes I do have some, but I'm not sure how I can show you. They are very comprehensive and come in two separate parts.
    we dont stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12