Thread: Leaving...

Registered Childminder since
    Jan 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Leaving...

hi,

so parent tells me this morning how am i fixed for sept 2011...

i tell her i have saved the place for DS as he will still be with me in the 6wk holls etc

she going bk to collage and is thinking she will move DS to cm or nursery closer to home as i am closer to work!!

well ill be very sad to see LO go but what im asking is.... when they know where DS is going to go do i contact the new setting and be activley involved with the transitions or just give my learning and development file to mum? i will not be able to take the LO myself as i have others on role the same days etc but ive not had a LO leave me b4 except to my local school or nursery at the same school so ive been able to be involved in the transitions etc

going to send file home today for mum to look at then make sure its got everything he needs for the new setting,

thanks x

Ex CM
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Non childminder member
    01/01/09
    Post Thanks / Like

Just give the Learning journey and file of artwork if you have one to the parents.
    Most other settings just start their own LJ's anyway.
    L.J's just end up as something to look back on for the parents and may just end up in the attic.
    I've got photo albums from my DDs CM before EYFS came in and they are nice to look back on.
    Need a laugh? Visit my website: www.unclegargy.deviantART.com

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I would pass everything on to mum and encourage her to show it to the new place.

If you can do any transition stuff it would be nice but if I know your setting the child will be perfectly prepared for waltzing into somewhere new and making friends straight away

Apr 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Everything I pass to parents gets photocopied, then I have a copy of the child's time with me and the hard work that goes into putting a learning journey together. Also you have your evidence for Ofsted too.

Paula1974

Jan 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks every1, wow paula i would need a few trees to copy every childs file of obs etc,

would be nice to have a "Chatt" with new setting esp if its a cm so we can talk about what hes been doing with me etc as a cm i would love others to give me a bell an just introduce themselves and tell me a little about what the LO has been up to etc.

ill just have to see where hes going to and if its a cm i know ill give them a ring,
    shame hes not been with me long and just settled in, but ye ive no worries he will settle well where eva he goes hes a confident little man

xxx

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I would do a summary of each of the 6 areas and then pass the whole lot, lock stock and barrel to mum, encouraging her to take it to the next place.
    Debbie

FEB09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I scan the learning journals before giving to mum, it is something I won't need to print, but could look back on if needed.
    Sandy
    xx