Has anybody used one of these?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Childminder since
    Oct 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Has anybody used one of these?

Hi, i bought that book when i was first registered before i had any mindees, just to get an idea how to set things out, it is very imformative at the front and explains well about what the EYFS is all about - good for parents who simlpy dont know. Ive had a lo for 11mth now and have just sent the book home with his nanna to show his mam, previously ive sent a photo album type book every 3mths to show what he,s been doing and his daily diary every day.
    The pages that show all 6 areas for one week, ive choose one and wrote in detail to cover that area, then done a different one the next page. I found this very helpful and would recommend it, even if you just buy one an adapt your own from this. Not everyone can spell well xx

onceinabluemoon Guest

Quote Originally Posted by venus89 View Post
    http://childmindingresourceshop.co.u...?product=57535

I've been doing my obs in date order rather than under the different areas of learning and development but my coordinator wants me to change that and I can't get my head around doing it....... So I was thinking about trying something like this to get me started and wondered if it's any good or a waste of money?
    Don't know about the book as I've never used it.

But, my obs are in date order too and ofsted were fine with it. Since my inspection i have improved things (in my eyes) by also doing a tick and date chart of eyfs stages of L&D so I can see at a glance that they are all being met. This may work for you?

Registered Childminder since
    Feb 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Id just stick with what you're comfortable doing! Im constantly changing the way I do thing until I feel happy with it

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12