learning journals
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    april85
    Post Thanks / Like

Default learning journals

when a mindee moves onto another setting full-time ie nursery or school do we pass the learning journeys on to parents, setting etc and if so what do we keep to show we did these journals to ofsted etc.anybody help thanks

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: learning journals

Quote Originally Posted by russell View Post
    when a mindee moves onto another setting full-time ie nursery or school do we pass the learning journeys on to parents, setting etc and if so what do we keep to show we did these journals to ofsted etc.anybody help thanks
    If they are still with you before and after nursery I would still keep the learning journey books and add to them. If they leave altogether then I plan to give them to the parents, but before that I will photocopy some of the info which I feel shows Ofsted that I know what I am doing, and save it in case I don't have many children at the next inspection.

Hope that helps.

I will just move your post to minding chat as you will get more response there (this section is for problems with the forum )
    Pauline x

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: learning journals

I have been told in the past that inspectors only want to see paperwork for current children... and if the child is no longer in the Eyfs then they are not interested in their learning journeys etc...

I don't know how true that is and we all know inspectors are different