Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: is this enough?

Registered Childminder since
    Sept 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Default is this enough?

Hi me again

At the moment i'm now doing a scrap book for each child plus a eyfs folder as well as a planning folder. The scrap book i think i will send it home for keeping every 6 months but the eyfs and planning folders i will keep.

In the planning folder i do a childs long term plan then split this into 2 then monthly/weekly activities linking into the eyfs. All obs with links to eyfs and evidance are then placed in with the eyfs folder

Is this enough, or is there anything else that i could do for my mindees paperwork?

June 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: is this enough?

Its more than enough, I dont do half of that and my DO says you dont need to do mountains of paperwork.

Straws xx

sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

its more than i do to , i dont do a scrapbook as well as obs , as the obs often have photos so the parents see them there. but its about finding a system that works for you. are you happy with how long it takes you? if the system shows how the child is progressing then thats all that really matters - the rest is ' icing'. If you enjoy doing them and have the time then it sounds great!!

jan 89
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mama2three View Post
    its more than i do to , i dont do a scrapbook as well as obs , as the obs often have photos so the parents see them there. but its about finding a system that works for you. are you happy with how long it takes you? if the system shows how the child is progressing then thats all that really matters - the rest is ' icing'. If you enjoy doing them and have the time then it sounds great!!
    hi i agree dont get bogged down with paper work if you can manage it and enjoy then fine. enjoy the children.

Sept 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mama2three View Post
    I do enjoy the srapbook though its still looking bare at the moment as I need to go and get new pics to put in but the sad part really is i like doing the paperwork as since starting it in january 8 months late I've learnt a lot more about my mindee and have now really been able to start helping with the skills needed.

~Chelle~ Guest

It is more than I do and Osfted told me I was doing too much

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I only do one book for each child, a Learning Journey.
    I have the child picture on a front page and them name, I also add them individual planing, observation,next step, photo, art work, everything realy.....

Apr 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I will be doing a learning journey and a daily diary