Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Dec 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Daily Diaries & observations

How large is your daily diary? Do you use an A5 book or something like that?

Also, do the observations go in the child's folder that I keep rather than the daily diary and do you put a summary of it in the daily diary if you don't put it in there.

I'm having a planning/printing and filing day
    Paula

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Daily Diaries & observations

My daily diary is an A5 note book. It is a summary of what the child has done - bullet points about nappies, food etc as well. It might be short if we've been extra busy or someone needed lots of cuddles etc and I oculdn't get to write. I used to use sheets but they would stay in the bags for days and I got a bit fed up.

Photos, obs, planning for the child etc goes in the child's learning journey. I keep that here and send it home or get parents in to look at it with me every term. I sometimes go back through the daily diary to check what happened when for my learning journeys

Jan 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

i was thinking about this too

A5 daily diary, but then a folder with all my obs in for that child (is that the learning journey??) keep it here safe ready for Ofsted to look at, then every month/term get parents to view it and sign to say they have seen it with a section for comments?? and how we can continue the learning for that child

is this right??
    IS BACK

April 2
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have an A5 folder with pre-printed sheets in (i made myself) that i fill in each day. My Ob's and linking to EYFS go in there too as they are short. Photos of activities and sometimes examples of work go in our general minding photo album.
    Love Rach x

Oct '06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

i use a home made daily diary (food, nappies, sleep, what we did, my comments, parents comments) and i stick the odd photo in stapled to the page to show what we're doing - i'm gonna send the eyfs obs folders home every 6 months to get feedback from parents.
    To the world you are one person, but to one person, you are the world.

july 00
    Latest Inspection Grade
    very good
    Non childminder member
    ex childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

i used to do it in a4 size but i bought an a5 folder during the xmas break and will try to see how it goes that size. got a5 size as might fit easier in parents bag.
    karen