Quote Originally Posted by emmas View Post
Hi all,

I am a new registered childminder, I have one after school child on my books at the moment which is great. My problem is I am so terrified by all the paperwork I am frightened to take on an EYFS mindee!!! I have turned 2 down already!
In my head I know whats expected of me, but it terrifies me I might do it wrong, or miss something out. It all seems so complicated. Is it really this frightening or is this my dyslexia kicking in? am I the only one to feel like this?

Is this a good basic idea of what is required of me:
All about me form when child starts:
Baseline review of childs abilities in all 7 areas shortly after starting:
create weekly/monthly plan of adult/child led activities:
start doing observations, and from that plan next steps:
(all the above become the star of a learning journal)
2 year review depending on age:
daily diary:

I am so worried I will do something wrong, and when I get inspected ofsted will strike me off for being really bad!!!

Any advice will be gratefully received,

Emma
Hi, I was registered in June and felt and still feel the same as you. This forum has really helped me understand what I'm supposed to do. I currently mind a 16 month old and a 4 year old who's starting school this week and next week I have a 10 month old and 3 year old starting with me so yes I am nervous because its more learning journeys and stuff to do. I think I'm doing it right but the main thing is that the children are cared for and happy and you provide activities for their development and let them play and learn. I hope this has helped