Base line  starting page
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Base line starting page

I am so annoyed had a child start and have sent learning journey home twice, first time came back filled in nicely, second time, not returned now their saying they havent got it. So gotta do a new one. Now I cant find my base line page on the computer. Can anyone help please just spend 2 hours looking through files. Thank you

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    over it ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like

i use tracking sheets as starting points, im more than happy to email them if you would like to send me your email address x

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Could you just put "off to a bad start in life, cos mum is a total airhead who can't look after the s0dd1ng LJ that I put hours of work into"?

After that kind of start, it shouldn't be too difficult to evidence the progress they'll be making at your setting.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bunyip View Post
    Could you just put "off to a bad start in life, cos mum is a total airhead who can't look after the s0dd1ng LJ that I put hours of work into"?

After that kind of start, it shouldn't be too difficult to evidence the progress they'll be making at your setting.
    Are you having a bad week Bunyip?!?

I'm not sure how old the LJ is desiderata but I'd be tempted to start from now - new starting points and new copy of Development Matters / Early Years Outcomes.

Hugs xx

5. Likes desiderata liked this post
    Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sarah707 View Post
    Are you having a bad week Bunyip?!?
    Another one.....?

Simona Guest

I am confused but are LJ handwritten or is the info on the computer and then transferred to the LJ?
    Not really sure what a 'baseline starting page' is or are we talking about 'starting points'?

Wise to back up anything about children's records so in cases of parents losing them you still have evidence (I am more than sure the LJ will eventually turn up)....also a LJ is exactly what it says...a journey so whatever is in it should start from the day the child arrives at our setting to the day they leave?

DM has been going on for a long time...it was reviewed to make 'academic attainment' more the focus alongside 'Outcomes' but as for development it is the same or have I missed something?

Another good thing to do is to keep in your records any 2 Year Old Progress check in case you do not have any 2yo on roll when the inspection happens you can still show evidence of how you 'would' do a Progress check because the new framework does focus on funded children

Aug 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good - YAY!
    Post Thanks / Like

Simona, the OP HAD started the child's learning journey when they first started! It's not important if it's hand written or typed, the OP can't find it and wants our help!

OP - I too have some tracking sheets I'd be happy to share if you pm me! I've been known to back date these when I've forgotten too do them on time, I use photos to jog my memory of what the child was able to do. Good luck!