Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    mar 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default year 1 children what paperwork is needed

Hi I have 3 mindees now that are in year 1 at school, so I only have them after school and occasionally in the holidays, since they are key stage not EYFS, what paperwork do I need to do for them, parents are really not interested in diaries anyway, will ofsted been interested in their development or just legal requiremnets like contracts and policies
    thanks

Sept 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

OFSTED will want to see that you are aiding their development so what i did was take a plastic a3 folder and every month add some photos and obs and some examples of how I've carried on their school work at my house, eg notes from teacher or a note I wrote saying I'd spoken to Mrs so and so today who said the topic at x school was shapes, then put in shape printing pics etc
    It really doesn't have to be much but there has to be something if you know what I mean xx
    Kelly xx

feb 13
    Post Thanks / Like

what was the outcome of the year 1 children and the paperwork they need?

Simona Guest

At the moment you want to compliment what the schools does...however...this is going to be removed from the EYFS as Truss said it is not necessary or required
    Look at the EYFS and see what you think you should offer.... but, apart from the contract and policies the rest is up to your interpretation...some cms do photo albums for older children but no EYFS paperwork as such.