Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Dec 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Idea for new scrapbook style LJ

Hi, just putting feelers out for a new business. I was wondering if people think childminders would be interested in buying scrapbook style as in decorative, learning journey files? To buy as a starter set, then buy loose pages as needed for each section as we may all want more or less of each area. This would then be a keepsake. Linked to EYFS.
    Any opinions positive or negative gratefully received, as I don't want to embark on something nobody will buy.

Many thanks

Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

It would be nice to see a picture of the proposed pack and finished article to get a feel of whether it would work for me.

3. Likes Chimps Childminding, silvermist liked this post
    Dec 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

That's a great idea. If I get that far I will. I have the vision. I was just putting feelers out as to whether people would look or buy if the right price, loos nice and saves soe work and time as layout is there for you. More like a traditional scrap book. Sections for obs with space for photo and links to EYFS. All bout me section, family tree, interests, etc. section to display work. In the community section, other settings section. Etc. could be built to requirements? You would just add info, bit like a baby book when you have a new baby. Just gathering feedback at moment before I dive in.

May 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Anything to make our life easier is a great idea. Good luck with it x

6. Likes Star liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds good to me, but like most things it would depend on cost!

8. Likes Star liked this post
    Dec 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi, thank you for all replies. I guessed most people would be guided by cost. To make my beautiful vision I don't think it would be cheap, but reasonably priced. Most printed on paper versions are between £6 and £10 I have seen. It's not like producing a printed sheet and printing out. There are beautiful materials, time, etc to cost in. Perhaps my idea is more geared to parents who want keepsakes rather than childminders who are running a business and need to make a profit too. I totally understand, I am a childminder too. I have had outstanding for all my inspections and just wondered with that knowledge and a craft I could create something really special and different. I am not working with under fives due to health issues from july and so don't need one connected to EYFS myself or I would have made and shown mine, but I will finish how I have created so far for the last child which is still lovely but not the new vision I have. Thank you anyway. x

Apr 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi star - it sounds lovely and I'm sure there will be people that would want to buy these. I personally however am a right old cheapskate and never spend money on anything if i don't have to! I already use scrapbooks from the stationers which cost less than a £1. I do the childs progress in chronological order so that I cover all areas as they develop or are observed. I know pre-schools that have used 'areas' then have trouble if they have an activity that covers various different areas as to where they put it. Although like you say they can run out of room on some if that areas is a particular focus so your idea of loose pages is a good one. If your business takes off I would suggest approaching pre-schools and nurseries as well.
    I also find the treasure of the scrapbook is not the scrapbook or the quality of the scrapbook but the captured conversations, bits of artwork and photos of the children themselves. sounds very lovely x

11. Likes Star liked this post
    Dec 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Thankyou blue lion all feedback is good. I know money is tight for everyone and you are right it is the content that is the keepsake not the book. Mine would be chronological order too, but with other sections too. Is just a vision at the moment. Lots of childminders struggle with layout and content, this would just be a case of filling in and with presentation in mind so as the whole thing would stand the test of time in lasting as a keepsake, just like a baby book, which people buy, they don't stick baby photos in scrap books. So my thought was childminders, nurseries, Pre schools, nannies, may like and possibly could even be charged to parents, just another idea. I am no longer caring for children under five myself, thought I could use my ideas to help others.