Please Do not ignore!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Please Do not ignore!

Please Do not ignore! i need your help. i have all different types of planning and i am really confused. i was doing a weekly planning, individual planning and activity planning. i do not know if i have to do the routine planning, annual planning and continuous provision planning . if so i have no idea where to start and will be grateful if anyone could share their example or plan/grid.
    also i was reading a forum and came across the term Learning Journal. i am not sure if it is the same as All About Me and i will also be grateful if anyone could explain to me what it is and a example would be helpful as well.

This is my first thread. I always read and get good advice from other threads i heard that you can pay to help keep this forum running. can someone please tell me where to go or point me in the right direction.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD! Hurrah
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by saly View Post
    Please Do not ignore! i need your help. i have all different types of planning and i am really confused. i was doing a weekly planning, individual planning and activity planning. i do not know if i have to do the routine planning, annual planning and continuous provision planning . if so i have no idea where to start and will be grateful if anyone could share their example or plan/grid.
    also i was reading a forum and came across the term Learning Journal. i am not sure if it is the same as All About Me and i will also be grateful if anyone could explain to me what it is and a example would be helpful as well.

This is my first thread. I always read and get good advice from other threads i heard that you can pay to help keep this forum running. can someone please tell me where to go or point me in the right direction.

Thank you in advance for your help.
    My weekly and activity plans are combined. I also do individual planning. My continuous provision planning has a column with the different types of activity e.g. Water play, small world, construction etc and for each day of the week a toy/activity so children have a range of toys out during the day. I rotate the weeks so children don't play with the same things.
    Your learning journal will be a record of your observations/assessments, any photos, artwork etc. The all about me form is given to the parent before their child starts to give you a starting point and also an idea of their routine, likes and dislikes etc. I've put this as the first entry in the book.

Hope this helps a little

3. Likes saly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rick_Knight View Post
    My weekly and activity plans are combined. I also do individual planning. My continuous provision planning has a column with the different types of activity e.g. Water play, small world, construction etc and for each day of the week a toy/activity so children have a range of toys out during the day. I rotate the weeks so children don't play with the same things.
    Your learning journal will be a record of your observations/assessments, any photos, artwork etc. The all about me form is given to the parent before their child starts to give you a starting point and also an idea of their routine, likes and dislikes etc. I've put this as the first entry in the book.

Hope this helps a little
    Thanks very much Rick. does that mean i do not have to do routine planning and annual planning. Thank you again

Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

You will find what works for some doesn't work for others that's why there are all different types and styles of planning you need to find what works for you. Start simple and build on it with your experience.

A learning journal is a book often a scrap book where you stick in photos, samples of the child's work and obsrvations you make. It makes a great record of the child's learning during their time with you, by linking your observations to the eyfs it also shows you where the child is developing in their learning.

For planning I (this works for me you might decide on something different it won't mean one of us is wrong) have a calendar of events for the whole year, things like spring, Chinese new year,mothering Sunday,Halloween etc... This provides me with an overall theme. I may or may not add these ideas to my weekly plan.

I have a weekly plan sheet where I plan one idea per child per week as a minimum, these ideas come from the next steps identified on observations or from the child's interest. I put the child's initial next to the idea planned for them.

My continuatuous provision is a different regular activities and routines listed under each area of learning as per the eyfs.

6. Likes saly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by blue bear View Post
    You will find what works for some doesn't work for others that's why there are all different types and styles of planning you need to find what works for you. Start simple and build on it with your experience.

A learning journal is a book often a scrap book where you stick in photos, samples of the child's work and obsrvations you make. It makes a great record of the child's learning during their time with you, by linking your observations to the eyfs it also shows you where the child is developing in their learning.

For planning I (this works for me you might decide on something different it won't mean one of us is wrong) have a calendar of events for the whole year, things like spring, Chinese new year,mothering Sunday,Halloween etc... This provides me with an overall theme. I may or may not add these ideas to my weekly plan.

I have a weekly plan sheet where I plan one idea per child per week as a minimum, these ideas come from the next steps identified on observations or from the child's interest. I put the child's initial next to the idea planned for them.

My continuatuous provision is a different regular activities and routines listed under each area of learning as per the eyfs.
    thank you very much. I get it now i knew i could count on this forum for help.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

We all have different ways of planning for children - and we all find different things helpful.

What works for one childminder might not work for another so you will find lots of examples and suggestions on the forum which you can pick through until you find what works for YOU.

It has to be do-able day-to-day - it has to fit in with what you normally do - it must work for the children - etc.

If you find it stressing you out then it is not working and you need to look at it again!!

9. Likes Rick, The Juggler liked this post
    mar 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Planning can be a stresser alright. I only have school age children at the moment but when do get a pre-schhol child im sure i will be here begging for help lol