Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Sept 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Photos in Learning Journeys

Do you have other minded children's photo's in a child's learning journey?

I am asking because I have some lovely photos of children playing together, sharing etc., which I do put on wall displays, in photo holder on cupboard etc but was wondering if could put in actual learning journeys.

What do you do?

Dec 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I put pictures with other children but I also got parents to sign permissions to do it.

Sept 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for your reply, have verbal permission, will get it in writing, thank you

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

If parents give permission - I offer to blank out faces if they prefer and let them decide.

It's sad really to have to think this way because the children love seeing pictures of their friends - but we don't have a choice unfortunately.

Hth

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I have it in my photo permissions that I will use group photos in LJs. No parent has ever objected as they like to see photos of their children with their friends

6. Likes rickysmiths liked this post
    july 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    I have it in my photo permissions that I will use group photos in LJs. No parent has ever objected as they like to see photos of their children with their friends
    Yes, I recently updated my photo permision form to do this too. All parents were happy to sign, they did think it over the top though, but you just can't be tooo careful in child care nowadays.

Sept 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for your replies, I will offer to blank out faces and hopefully they will say no leave faces in

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I would show the parents an example of a photo with all childrens faces visible and then another one of just their child playing with a lot of headless bodies - I certainly wouldn't want a picture like that in my childs learning journal and hopefully they would agree to let their child be in other childrens journal. I do have in my photo policy that group photos will appear in LJ, on wall displays and on my digital photo frame, I make parents sign to say they won't put any group photos on facebook.

Dec 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I've just always avoided, or tried to blank out or made sure it was my daughter in the picture with them, so it didn't seem so weird.

I think I will re-do my permissions to reflect a change, as suggested. I have re-done them recently and was going to get all parents to sign the changes in the new year, but didn't realise there was the option to ask - I just assumed it was a no-no

Thanks for asking the question

HX

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pat75 View Post
    I put pictures with other children but I also got parents to sign permissions to do it.
    Same here!!!!! Plus its lovely for the parents/children to look back and see their friends!!!

12. Likes rickysmiths liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 2045amanda View Post
    Thanks for your replies, I will offer to blank out faces and hopefully they will say no leave faces in
    I think blanked out faces would look awful - can't imagine anyone wanting that.

All of my parents have given permission for group photographs to be put in the lj's. I have only ever had one parent refuse permission for photos and they didn't want any taken at all not even of their own child playing alone.

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

14. Likes rickysmiths liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it's pretty awful to have to blank out faces, sometimes the story told by a picture is all in the face. We have some beautiful photos of our little group - in one photo last week I snapped them all sat under the table - on their tummies, chins in hands, having a natter. The learning journey becomes a lovely keepsake when it has nice photographs. We have it on our permissions too, no-one has ever questioned it and have commented on how its nice to see their child interacting with friends.

16. Likes rickysmiths liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have only had one parent say no to shared photos.....Luckily she is a rising 5 so the learning journey thing isnt an issue. All the other parents LOVE sharing the photos....Im so glad they are all co-operative!

18. Likes rickysmiths liked this post