Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Childminder since
    july 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I trialled this with a parent I know well first, and asked how she found it and how it looked from her side. She loved it and let me log in with her so I could see what she sees when logged in.
    When I go round to including my other parents, one came in that evening to collect, and was so happy he spent ages showing me all the photos on his phone - as if I hadn't seen them first anyway

2. Likes Rick, zippy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by singlewiththree View Post
    I heard this from another childminder too. It would be nice if orbit gave us a switch button so we could switch to parent view to see how it all looks from time to time as I wouldn't have known if a parent hadn't shown her childminder.
    I signed up as parent on a couple of mine, added myself if you see what I mean, you can delete yourself after, looks even better on parent view, basically just photos newest first, any assessments are hidden under a button under corresponding photo parent can choose to click or not.

aug 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by singlewiththree View Post
    I heard this from another childminder too. It would be nice if orbit gave us a switch button so we could switch to parent view to see how it all looks from time to time as I wouldn't have known if a parent hadn't shown her childminder.
    I created a profile for my son and log in as his parent using a different email address , that way i can see what it looks like from the parents point of view

feb 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix2010 View Post

I created a profile for my son and log in as his parent using a different email address , that way i can see what it looks like from the parents point of view
    That's a good idea-think I'll do the same. Always good to see things the way the parents see them

Post Thanks / Like

So do u have to register with data protection if u use this? I have downloaded it and tried it out on my daughter, I love it but as things stand I don't need to register with data protection.

Also As I understand it no there is no plans to form an android app yet but a tech guy said dependant on the size of ur screen on android u could open it in ur web browser

Sept 12
    Post Thanks / Like

can anyone explain how you print from the website please. I've been using it for the past month or so & would like to try & print out my observations but can't work out how to do it.
    TIA

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD! Hurrah
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by shabby View Post
    So do u have to register with data protection if u use this? I have downloaded it and tried it out on my daughter, I love it but as things stand I don't need to register with data protection.

Also As I understand it no there is no plans to form an android app yet but a tech guy said dependant on the size of ur screen on android u could open it in ur web browser
    That's a good question because if you use an ipad or phone, the photos aren't on your device, they are on the website. Orbit are registered with ICO, but does that mean you have to? Not sure tbh

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD! Hurrah
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MrsP2C View Post
    can anyone explain how you print from the website please. I've been using it for the past month or so & would like to try & print out my observations but can't work out how to do it.
    TIA
    If you click on 'Children' on the left hand side and select the child you want. Then click on their picture again on the left hand side, you can see it says 'learning journey' on the top right. This lets you download a PDF of all obs and assessments.

HTH

Sept 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rick_Knight View Post
    If you click on 'Children' on the left hand side and select the child you want. Then click on their picture again on the left hand side, you can see it says 'learning journey' on the top right. This lets you download a PDF of all obs and assessments.

HTH
    Perfect thanks

11. Likes Rick liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

You would need to be registered with ico to take the photo on a digital device in the first place, almost all childminders will need to be registered with ico

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12