Before/ After school children
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Before/ After school children

Ive just been asked to take on a 5 year old before and after school and was thinking of doing a scrapbook with him so he's got something to take with him when he leaves. What do you use for your before and after school children? Also to communicate with the mum I was going to put a brief diary of what he did each day and comments from me and the mum. Does anyone else do this? Also to communicate with the school I was going to get information from them each week to what he is doing at school etc.

May 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd like some help with this too My first mindee is a 4 year old, after school only! Have a basic scrap book going and am relaying info from school to mum etc but what else could I be doing with/for him??

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I ask mine if they would like a scrap book - some do and some aren't interested.

Mostly they like to do pictures, play schools, get outside with a football etc.

I hope it works out well

mar 12
    Post Thanks / Like

I will be watching this thread with intrest. I have just got 2 4 year old who are in reception at school. i need to get a journal together for them but so far just have some photos. I do talk with school and use the hme/school book in their book bags and try to do similar themes as school. any advice would be welcome.

Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

My older ones all have books, they put art work, photos, bus and cinema tickets that sort of thing in there.i find they use them loads in the beginning and then it's me putting things in they forget to take home.
    I tend to look around the class room at drop off and make mental notes of what they are doing and add resources at home to extend their learning. Like when they were doing space we had the dark den out and junk modelling to make rockets. It's all fairly low key as I like the children to lead the play and activites having been focused all day they need to be able to do what they feel like after school.

Getting info from teachers is not always easy, I look on their class pages on the website. For most after school children parents don't need a diary as most children can tell the parents themselves, I do have one though who has a diary but more so because her younger brother has one.