Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Jan 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Scrap books and Diaries

Hi

I have just signed my 1st cm contract since registering in January 2012, woohoo :

It's for 3 Sundays a month, full day and wanted to know how I should go about keeping scrapbooks/diaries for the 2 boys I will be minding. Aged 4 and 6.

Do I keep obs only for the 4 year old?

Please can anyone help!!!

Afsha

Sept 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

For 6 year old you don't have do obs etc they are out of the early years. Is the 4 year old at school?

Jan 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VeggieSausage View Post
    For 6 year old you don't have do obs etc they are out of the early years. Is the 4 year old at school?
    He is attends half day nursery, he will start f/t in September

June 11
    Post Thanks / Like

You have to do all the EY bit right up until the 31st Aug AFTER their 5th birthday... So basically until they are in year 1 of school.

Sept 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes you will for the younger one, but in the new EYFS I think it says that if you only provide wrap around care then you don't have to do it....I am sure Sarah will know better than me....

May 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi afsha! Weldone made a start".....lol
    Read about the scrap book for the 4 & 6 yes it will be useful for 4 yrs old child having scrap book. For 6 yrs old depends what month he is born more likely no no to that age as they more of confident child and can do lots of things independently. I hope this is helpful

I have just signed my 1st cm contract since registering in January 2012, woohoo :

It's for 3 Sundays a month, full day and wanted to know how I should go about keeping scrapbooks/diaries for the 2 boys I will be minding. Aged 4 and 6.

Do I keep obs only for the 4 year old?

Please can anyone help!!!

Afsha[/QUOTE]

notts Guest

Well done you

I too am struggling with this, first client about to start and trying to plan what I'm going to do. (also nearly 4 and 6)

Please someone correct me if I'm wrong but I plan to do obs and LJ for 4 year old until August after his 5th birthday. And for the 6 year old a scrapbook which will demostrate their time with me.......................... could be wrong!

Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd do a scrap book for both, for the four year old would do links to eyfs and planning, for the six year old would let him decide what he wants to stick in it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by notts View Post
    Well done you

I too am struggling with this, first client about to start and trying to plan what I'm going to do. (also nearly 4 and 6)

Please someone correct me if I'm wrong but I plan to do obs and LJ for 4 year old until August after his 5th birthday. And for the 6 year old a scrapbook which will demostrate their time with me.......................... could be wrong!
    It's like Sarah said on your other thread

From September 2012 the following will apply -

Wrap around and holiday providers - Eyfs 2012

1.3 Wrap around (care offered before and after a school day, e.g. by an after school club or by a childminder) and holiday providers (provision exclusively in the school holidays) should be guided by, but do not necessarily need to meet, all the learning and development requirements. Practitioners should discuss with parents and/or carers (and other practitioners and providers as appropriate) the support they intend to offer, seeking to complement learning in settings in which children spend more time.

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!