Handovers are so hard sometimes. My honest advice is to deal with it sooner rather than later and when you are in a calm headspace so that you can be professional. I was having a hard time at pick up a few years ago and never bucked up the courage to say anything (dropped lots of hints, but sometimes hints fall on deaf ears and don't have the desired effect). One day, I finally snapped and asked the dad to not allow his son to do what he was doing, but I said it in a really rude, unprofessional way. Honestly, I was sick to the stomach all weekend checking to see if I had any stroppy emails from them and then I was really worried about seeing them on the Monday morning. Fortunately, no more was said about it, but I really felt like I had let myself down by not handling it better.

Like Dragonfly said, mum should not be coming in at the moment anyway. Why not send them an email explaining that inline with guidelines you will be switching to a quick doorstep handover. Be strong. Stick to it. Let us know how it goes. x