Ive recently thought to opt childminding as a career (childminding in own premises, wraparound care) .my application in process with ofsted . I would be taking care of 8+ years (voluntary register). I am afraid if it realky is worth as already suffered a setback ( did accounting diploma and left in the middle as i was unable to find work placement). It disappointed me so much that i just left it and didnt explore jobs . Now dont want to confront another failure. Childminding doesn't need any course from college and no work experience is required as taking care of elder children unlike an accounting diploma in which i spent a lot. My purpose is not to earn money i just want to remain busy as my children are older and i feel bored at home. As an independent childminder , keeping only 2 or 3 kids at a time doing their pick drop n taking care of them I think will be a good idea to keep myself busy. But again question is will i be able to get few children. I cant afford another failure. I was browsing my local council n only in my area within 1 mile there are 30 childminders. Not sure what to do?