Hi,
This is the first time I have posted and I am just after some advice. It is literally my very first day as a childminder, so I am very new to this and this might be an essay.

I had arranged for 2 children to start today and signed a contract last week. Yesterday, I had to message the mum and ask her to remember to make a payment as we had agreed. She messaged back saying that she could not afford it as she didn't get paid until the 7th of April and could the children start after that date.

I made a point of it being in the contract, but as a gesture of good will, I was prepared to write up another contract, but it would put the payment up as she was now paying it over 9 months instead of 10.

She's now said she can't afford that and can the children just do one day a week instead of the two we originally agreed. She also told me that her other half had refused to pay and that was why the children couldn't start today.

I am now considering if this is worth it. I had handed in my notice based on what we had agreed on the original contract and will now be at a severe financial loss, but now don't feel entirely comfortable with the dad either.

My question is, what would everyone else do in this situation? Do I allow them to do one day and look for something else as well or am I within my rights to withdraw the offer? I have no experience with this and am feeling quite disheartened right now with this being my first day. I'm sorry again about how long this post is and thank you for any advice x x