Soooooo, business has been slow and I mean really slow. Panic stations in fact. I recently had a lady come to see me regarding care of her 3 children one day a week. Baby from 9-2:45 and her 2 boys 1-2:45. This is term time only and I think I've made a mistake taking them on. Care starts January and they have just signed contracts and paid a deposit.

What concerns me now, upon thinking about it sensibly, is that I now won't be able to take on further business on that day as it would take me over ratio meaning I can't take on a full timer. The 2 boys are only being charged for the hours they use, they will be going to ore-school and I will collect them from there.

Im starting to regret agreeing to take them on which makes me sound like a terrible terrible person, I was so worried about the fact that my business was failing that I didn't consider the implications properly, I may never get a full timer but what happens if I do? Has anyone given notice to a family before to make the space for a full timer or is that totally frowned upon? I'm all in a tiz about it :-(