Childcare vouchers
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Childcare vouchers

Hi all, I am new to childminding and have a parent ask me if I accept childcare vouchers as hubby is in the RAF. How does this work with me getting paid and how do I set it up? Any help would be appreciated x x

Registered Childminder since
    Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

It is easy to do, there have been lots of threads about it so worth having a Search.

Basically you need to ask which voucher company his employer uses.
    You contact that voucher company and register as a childcare provider with them (usually online, may need to send in copy of Ofsted certificate, give your bank details etc).
    You invoice the family as usual.
    The family decide how much of the invoice they want to pay with vouchers (some or all) and make the voucher payment- there will be a few days delay to get the money cleared in yoru account so make it clear if you want payment in your account on say 1st of the month they need to get the voucher company to pay around 25th of previous month- can take a bit of tweaking to ge the timing right.
    You can never refund voucher money back to the family (that is fraud because of tax benefits of vouchers), you need to speak to voucher company if you ever need to refund vocuher money.
    You can be registered with as many voucher companies as you like.
    It can take a bit of time to set it all up so make it clear family needs to meet your payment due dates whether the vouchers are set up or not.

Post Thanks / Like

Brilliant thank you moggy! I was abit worried I'd be losing money by doing it this way but that's fine. Much appreciated x x