Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Non childminder member
    Start childminding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Becoming a childminder??

Hello everyone I am new to this so please bare with me 😊
    I am thinking of becoming a childminder, we are currently looking for a bigger house as a family anyway so thought it might be the right time to do it ??
    I am 24 and live my partner who works 6 days a week we have a 2year old daughter. I have my level 3 and fully qualified in pediatric first aid and EYFS trained. I have worked in a nursery for nearly 8 years.
    What are people's experiences in becoming a childminder very scared in putting everything we have into it ! But very much want it to work!
    Also we have a dog, he is a 5 year old English spring spaniel very friendly and loves children ! I would obviously have him in a different part of the house when minding but would this stop people from coming ??

Thanks 😀😀😀 xx

Registered Childminder since
    Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the world of childminding!
    Yes, many CMers have dogs. Of course, it will put off some families because of concerns about dogs (safety/hygiene) and there will be people who can't come due to allergies. But, if you want a dog you go for it- families choose CMers that fit with their own way of life- you'll probably attract other animal-loving families!
    Although you have Level 3 and experience in EYFS you will need to do your LA's chosen 'home-based-childcare' course before you apply so talk to your LA about that to check what course they need you to do.
    I hope it all goes well for you.