Likes Likes:  15
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default The new Common Inspection Framework

There will be radical reforms to the early years Ofsted inspection process from September 2015 with the introduction of a new Common Inspection Framework for all providers.

Independent childminders will need to be aware of the new framework without help from an agency – and as we know most childminders have lost LA support – so we need to share information and good practice.

The report ‘Better Inspection for All’ details the results of the consultation which took place before Ofsted decided to make the changes - https://www.gov.uk/government/consul...ection-for-all.

There will be 4 inspection judgements from September 2015 –

1. Leadership and management
    2. Teaching, learning and assessment
    3. Personal development, behaviour and welfare
    4. Outcomes for children and learners

Ofsted will be conducting pilot inspections over the coming months and further information, including a new inspection schedule, will be available from the summer, ready for implementation from September.

We are committed to supporting all our independent childminder members, providing information and guidance to help you prepare for the new inspection framework.

Childcare.co.uk have already published a series of guidance documents which explore how you might cover the new requirement to show evidence of ‘teaching’ - https://www.childcare.co.uk/informat...ality-teaching.

A further guidance document is available to all childminders to support you with showing evidence of British values which will be part of the revised Leadership and Management judgement - https://www.childcare.co.uk/informat...british-values.

Over the coming months we will be looking closely at other areas of the framework. If you have any questions please ask

2. Likes lollipop kid, Winnie, blue bear, loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

THANKS!

so .... will this be the start of a new inspection cycle? or the last year of the current cycle?

4. Likes sarah707 liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by loocyloo View Post
    THANKS!

so .... will this be the start of a new inspection cycle? or the last year of the current cycle?
    It's a change for all providers not just childminders - and it will be within the inspection cycle which runs from Sept 2012 - Aug 2016.

it will mean a change to inspections - and probably the SEF - and maybe the Eyfs - and definitely the inspection framework ... it's a huge thing they are organising.

Alongside it, they are re-training inspectors in the 'Ofsted way' of doing things and working on improving inspection quality

June86
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for keeping us informed Sarah so much seems to be happening its hard to keep up.

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

So will this see the end of Tribal and prospects doing the EY inspections? Will they be done by Inspectors working directly for Ofsted?

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rickysmiths View Post
    So will this see the end of Tribal and prospects doing the EY inspections? Will they be done by Inspectors working directly for Ofsted?
    No, they don't have plans for that at the moment.

Ofsted are retraining Tribal / Prospect inspectors in their way of doing inspections to raise standards - and they are more closely monitoring inspection outcomes and what inspectors are doing / saying during inspections.

They are also looking at inspector complaints more carefully - which is why we always advise colleagues to put in a prompt complaint if there was a problem with an inspector - Ofsted have told us that someone from their offices will look at all complaints...

They are telling us that they are trying to improve things ... and we are seeing changes to inspections as a result of the work they are doing

Oct 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sarah707 View Post
    No, they don't have plans for that at the moment.

Ofsted are retraining Tribal / Prospect inspectors in their way of doing inspections to raise standards - and they are more closely monitoring inspection outcomes and what inspectors are doing / saying during inspections.

They are also looking at inspector complaints more carefully - which is why we always advise colleagues to put in a prompt complaint if there was a problem with an inspector - Ofsted have told us that someone from their offices will look at all complaints...

They are telling us that they are trying to improve things ... and we are seeing changes to inspections as a result of the work they are doing
    This is great news. I really hope Tribal and their ilk get the message.

Great work, Sarah et al!

L

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by rickysmiths View Post
    I sat next to a Prospect Inspector on Saturday
    All inspectors will be retrained in the new Inspection framework in August and the new framework will start in Sept 2015
    The cycle of inspections is still the same as before

Keep your ears and eyes open as more info will trickle out from many sources....and keep looking at OBC news and updates especially for CMs as we will feature a lot more in these meetings

11. Likes FloraDora liked this post
    Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sarah707 View Post

There will be 4 inspection judgements from September 2015 –

1. Leadership and management
    2. Teaching, learning and assessment
    3. Personal development, behaviour and welfare
    4. Outcomes for children and learners
    Is it just me, or is this looking a lot more like school?

Ex CM
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Non childminder member
    01/01/09
    Post Thanks / Like

So glad I'm getting out of it end of July. Getting too much now. I know CMs deserve to be recognized as professionals and many have worked very hard for it. But some, like myself, started this job to be at home with our own children whilst they were young. I have a feeling, there are going to be less and less CMs in the future. They are not realizing that we are unique! We can't be clumped together with schools and nurseries.
    Need a laugh? Visit my website: www.unclegargy.deviantART.com

14. Likes julie w liked this post
    July07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ripeberry View Post
    So glad I'm getting out of it end of July. Getting too much now. I know CMs deserve to be recognized as professionals and many have worked very hard for it. But some, like myself, started this job to be at home with our own children whilst they were young. I have a feeling, there are going to be less and less CMs in the future. They are not realizing that we are unique! We can't be clumped together with schools and nurseries.
    Its exhausting isn't it Ripeberry. Some days I don't know if I'm coming or going with all the changes that keep happening.
    Time Out.. The perfect time for thinking about what you're going to destroy next.

16. Likes Ripeberry, joannetalbot liked this post
    Simona Guest

The new common framework will apply to cms ...but...Ofsted have not, as yet, disclosed how it will apply for EY settings.
    That is my understanding of it and I believe the representing associations have asked for this to considered so it should be...Inspectors will be trained on this I am sure.
    It all goes back to the DfE and Ofsted statement a while back that they want to see a 'school led EY sector' !

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Exactly. This is the whole problem with the push to get CMing 'recognised' - as if simple, safe and dedicated care wasn't enough. Why not? it's what parents have been doing since we all climbed down from the trees and started walking upright (well,...... most of us. )

Ofsted get hold of something and end up doing what Ofsted do: they see everything purely in terms of education, tainted by whichever ruling Party sets the current (and ever-changing) agenda.

I'd say it was yet another example of The Law of Unintended Consequences in force, but really I have no idea why CMs at the time somehow failed to see what they were about to bring upon their own overworked heads. Always be careful what you wish for indeed.

What I can't understand is how anyone has the smallest scrap of confidence left in Ofsted. They gave an 'outstanding' to the 'Trojan Horse' Park View School. Their erstwhile Senior Inspector of Social Care and Deputy Chief Inspector freely admits they "failed" every child in Rotherham over basic safeguarding in the grooming/abuse scandal. And yet the organisation somehow emerges with its credibility intact and gleaming as pure as the driven snow.

HOW ON GOD's EARTH?

19. Likes lollipop kid, Ripeberry liked this post
    Oct 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bunyip View Post

HOW ON GOD's EARTH?
    One law for them, one law for us!

Set Tribal on them - I know just the Inspector!

L

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lollipop kid View Post
    One law for them, one law for us!

Set Tribal on them - I know just the Inspector!

L
    Yup. They're not called "Tribal" for no reason.