Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: funding :-(

Registered Childminder since
    Aug 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Default funding :-(

So depressed I'm potentially loosing two children as I can't get funding as I was satisfactory on my inspection, tried calling ofsted and explaining that I need another visit to be told, Im not down for one!!!!!

Wouldn't mind but was satisfactory for a school child communication error not early years!!!

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Littleglees View Post
    So depressed I'm potentially loosing two children as I can't get funding as I was satisfactory on my inspection, tried calling ofsted and explaining that I need another visit to be told, Im not down for one!!!!!

Wouldn't mind but was satisfactory for a school child communication error not early years!!!
    Please check with your LA as many do allow those with RI to access funding

Look at this DfE guidance...In particular p 14 section A4.14...print that section and show it to your LA.
    This is what it says

A4.14 Limit the requirements they place on providers judged less than ‘good’ by Ofsted to those that enable providers to improve the quality of their provision as identified in the provider’s Ofsted inspection report. The requirements may include, where applicable, participating in training or other quality improvement programmes.

Good luck

Aug 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you so much, I'll have a look and print xx

Simona Guest

So sorry ...I forgot to put the link for you

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...d-childcare--2

Aug 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you xx

Dec 02
    Post Thanks / Like

Our rules state:

Three and four year old children can access the free entitlement with any provider rated 'satisfactory/requires improvement'. Children aged two should only be funded in 'satisfactory/requires improvement' settings where there is not sufficient 'good' or 'outstanding' provision.

Aug 12
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm in staffs, wish they would change rules as I no of minders graded good and not bothered to do funding so spaces must be free x

Jan 84
    Post Thanks / Like

I have every sympathy with you, I am not in your situation but I am in Staffs and find them very difficult at the best of times. I have a problem with the funding in that the little one concerned is supposed to be going to the school nursery from September and of course they won't share funding although I have it in black and white from Staffs that they have to share if parent requests it. The school is insisting the parent will have to take the full funded sessions with them or lose out, it makes it very difficult for parent with work etc but I guess the school as usual will win. It works brilliantly sharing care at the pre-school he attends at the moment.
    Teacake2

Dec 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

My DO recently told us at a training session that all newly registered CM's could offer funding as soon as they has their certificate, didn't even have to have their first graded inspection! Maybe that's just my area.

Simona Guest

Funded hours can be shared between EY providers ...a cm and a preschool or nursery for instance
    if a parent sends a child to a state school with a nursery attached there is no option but to take the full place....schools are different.

LAs have different rules and they do not always follow DfE guidance because the guidance says 'SHOULD' not 'MUST'...therefore each LA does as it pleases.

The same applies to funding...until the DfE says LAs 'MUST' pass all the funding from central govt they will retain what they like and continue to underfund providers.

If cms have problems please let your representing association know or contact the DfE directly.
    The DfE has publicly shamed LAs with low take up of funding....make yourself heard if it applies to you
    Last edited by Simona; 03-03-2015 at 02:39 PM.

Aug 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks all, I'll keep on fighting x

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

My LA is pretty hot:

2 year olds good or outstanding and 3/4 year olds requires improvement, good or outstanding
    Debbie

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Chatterbox Childcare View Post
    My LA is pretty hot:

2 year olds good or outstanding and 3/4 year olds requires improvement, good or outstanding
    I see that from a different angle ...being hot is something many LAs are...but there are reasons behind it and it involves money and targets.

Until now LAs got paid for the number of children they should place which is worked out by the DfE...from April they will only get paid for the actual number...'payment by result'.

In order to make the scheme successful many LAs and govt have bent the rules to suit them....and the coming election

If only 'high quality' is good for these children ....as Wilshaw says...why are RI and even new untested and un-inspected providers allowed to offer funding?
    Did Wilshaw not say 'only good' is acceptable?
    In addition Quality Improvement is debatable because many LAs do not really offer it and Ofsted remains the sole arbitrer of quality

Because in the end it is the targets that matter and the govt will flag that up at the election telling the electorate they have succeeded because the take up is high.

If only politicians would stay out of education we might get somewhere!!

Aug 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you all, I applied to our local authority along with the paragraph stated and was sent all paperwork etc and approved.

Shame my own support worker from the same authority couldn't tell me this.

Love you lot on this forum xx

Post Thanks / Like

Hi, sorry if it's already addressed

What's the thoughts about the torys promise of 30 funded hours per week, does this technically 'nationalise' childcare for the over twos ?

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by agency12 View Post
    Hi, sorry if it's already addressed

What's the thoughts about the torys promise of 30 funded hours per week, does this technically 'nationalise' childcare for the over twos ?
    Unfortunately the Tories are going to legislate the 30 hours...and have fast tracked this.
    It is rather telling that they will do so before 'consulting' with the sector which was Sam Gyimah's promise pre election.
    Now they have won they are unchained and on they gallop.

Labour too promised an increase to 25 hours a long time ago....but...this was for ALL families not just those where both parents work...so childcare cannot be ' nationalised' or become universal when some families are excluded...what of those mothers who wish to stay at home?
    While I agree that 30 hours is better to juggle work...it will be difficult to achieve due to lack of childcare spaces so more children will be fast tracked into schools at age 2 while schools struggle with primary places?
    It will also be a disaster because we will still subsidise it....unless the Tories have bottomless pit full of money?

Lots of this in the news and PLA have already published their post election manifesto which I am sure is bound to cause a heated discussion at their conference in June.

Post Thanks / Like

I just don't understand how it's going to work eg:- my local school nursery has x amount of children in the morning (15 hrs) and then the same amount in the afternoon (15 hrs) if all of the morning children were eligible for 30 hours what happens with the afternoon children? The CMs in our area are pretty full, and day nurseries already have the children that are currently paying for full day spaces??? I suppose we have to watch this space.

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I heard today of a school south of York that is opening a 2yr old classroom in September :-( I don't know, but the thought was it was for school hours only.

Post Thanks / Like

The thought of 2yr olds in school makes me shudder!

Ex CM
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Non childminder member
    01/01/09
    Post Thanks / Like

The face of childcare is changing for the worst
    Need a laugh? Visit my website: www.unclegargy.deviantART.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast