Inspection costs for agencies and ICMs estimated by OFSTED
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  19
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by natlou82 View Post
    OK, obviously I'm pleased this information is wrong, I didn't go out of my way to mislead anyone :-(
    I don't think you were misleading us...not at all....things are moving at a fast pace right now
    Unfortunately a lot of the news by the DfE gets released on a Friday...we had the consultation, the Baseline assessment becoming compulsory and Truss's announcement all in one day and Twitter was rather busy!!!

I am sure more will come out on Monday

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by natlou82 View Post
    It was a Nottingham based meeting, although I'm not sure who ran it, this childminder often goes to these meetings to keep herself up to date. I'm sorry if it came across that I'm scaremongering as that isn't the case. As a newbie, I'm keen to find out as much info as I can, and it seemed like quite a lot of info was going around at this meeting. I recall from my training that their may be trials running in this area.
    I didn't think for one minute that you were out to mislead anyone, or to scare any one, so don't worry about that

I'm pretty sure you do have an agency trial in Nottingham, so it's good to keep up with all the latest developments and share whatever you're told. Unfortunately the people who run these meetings are often giving out the wrong or misleading info and causing panic. Childminders are passing on the info in good faith, so can't be blamed when it's wrong.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Mouse, I did just think I ll share the info as I found it interesting. I'm really pleased that this info is wrong as I wish to remain independent. It's not good that meetings are being held and incorrect info is being given or misinterpreted!

Registered Childminder since
    nov 02
    Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Mouse;1351164]Ofsted won't inspect agencies childminders. They are saying that is the amount it will cost to inspect the agency as a whole. Each childminder will then be inspected by the agency themselves (so no cost to Ofsted).[/QUOTE

so if we join an agency and they are charged that amount to be inspected and then the agency inspects us which costs them money as well, are both sets of costs to be passed on to us?? ie the ofsted charge to the agency then the cost of the agency to inspect us

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123